In the Nov. 4 obituary of Mary M. Bonhoff of Hagerstown...

November 04, 1993

In the Nov. 4 obituary of Mary M. Bonhoff of Hagerstown, Mrs. Bonhoff's mother, Mary Cook of Perry Hall, should have been listed among survivors. The Sun regrets the error.

Mary M. Bonhoff

Hospital secretary

Mary M. Bonhoff, a former secretary at St. Joseph Hospital, died Monday of cancer at her home in Hagerstown.

Mrs. Bonhoff, 57, worked at the Towson hospital before she moved from Parkville to Hagerstown in 1974 with her husband, Henry M. Bonhoff. He has since retired as director of customer service in the Hagerstown office of Chesapeake and Potomac Telephone Co. of Maryland.


In Hagerstown, she was a member of the Oak Ridge Garden Club and the Washington County Cancer Support Group. The former Mary M. Cook was a native of Baltimore and a graduate of St. Katharine's School and the Catholic High School.

A Mass of Christian burial was to be offered at 11 a.m. today at St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church in Half Way, near Hagerstown.

In addition to her husband, survivors include three daughters, Jane Miller of Hagerstown, Nancy Spickler of Maugansville and Lisa Fuscsick of Baltimore; two sons, David Bonhoff and Jeffrey Bonhoff, both of Hagerstown; a brother, Edward Cook of Baltimore; and five grandchildren.

Margaret Pecora

Legal Aid attorney

Margaret Pecora, retired chief staff attorney of the Domestic Relations Unit of the Legal Aid Bureau in Baltimore, died Sunday of heart failure at her home in Towson.

Miss Pecora, 75, retired from the Legal Aid post in 1984, after 17 years. She had had a private practice since her admission to the bar in 1951.

A former president of the Women's Bar Association, she served on two gubernatorial task forces, on domestic law and on family courts.

The Baltimore native was a graduate of Forest Park High and, in 1950, of the University of Baltimore Law School, which she attended while working at the Motor Sales Co.

In World War II, she was a volunteer Red Cross nurse's aide at University Hospital.

A member of Soroptimist International, she was a supporter of many charitable, community and religious organizations, including the Children's Organ Transplant Fund of America, Wildlife Federation and the Foster Parents Program.

A Mass of Christian burial was to be offered at 10 a.m. today at the Roman Catholic Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, 8501 Loch Raven Blvd., Baynesville.

She is survived by five sisters, Josephine DiFillipo of Timonium, Grace Krieg of Lutherville, and Antionetta Kingan, Palma Butler and Catherine Pecora, all of Towson; and a brother, J. Jay Pecora of Baltimore. Raymond E. Cox, a retired marketing specialist for the American Totalizator Co., died Sunday at the Dulaney-Towson Health Care Center of Parkinson's disease.

The 77-year-old Towson resident retired in 1982 from the pari-mutuel betting equipment company.

He started there as a draftsman 37 years earlier. He later did industrial photography and designed displays for the company. A former president of the Maryland Industrial Photographers Association, he won many awards for his photographs.

Born in Baltimore, Mr. Cox was a graduate of City College and attended the Maryland Institute. Drafted in July 1941, he served in the Army Corps of Engineers and Army Air Forces for 5 1/2 years during and after World War II.

He was a former president of the Towson Civitan Club, an adult leader of the Boy Scouts and a volunteer for the Hampton Elementary School Parent-Teacher Association. He was also an usher at the Towson United Methodist Church, where he was a member of the Men's Club.

A resident of the Campus Hills area for many years, he moved to Ocean Pines on his retirement. He returned to Towson in 1991.

In Ocean Pines, he was on the board of the Kiwanis Club, was its liaison with the Boy Scouts and organized a committee on drug and alcohol abuse. He was an honorary life member of the club. He also was on the long-range planning committee of the board of governors of the Ocean Pines Association.

Services were set for 11 a.m. today at Towson United Methodist Church, 501 Hampton Lane.

He is survived by his wife, the former Doris Grain; two sons, R. Murray Cox of Fitchburg, Mass., and Michael R. Cox of Parkton; and eight grandchildren.

J. Franklin Trammell

X-ray specialist

J. Franklin Trammell, who had been an X-ray specialist for Westinghouse Electric Corp. in the Baltimore area, died Sunday of emphysema at a hospital in Wilmington, N.C.

Mr. Trammell, 77, had lived in retirement for the past 10 years in Calabash, N.C.

He had been with Westinghouse since about 1940 and retired in 1969 as an X-ray technician.

After retiring from Westinghouse, he worked briefly in New York City and then moved to Miami, where he served as director of transportation for the Cordis-Dow Medical Co., a manufacturer of artificial organs. He traveled often to Europe and Japan for Cordis-Dow and retired about 10 years ago and moved to Calabash.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.