Weekend gunfire leaves 5 people in hospitals Assailant shoots boy, 14, in the face

September 06, 1993|By Marina Sarris and James Bock | Marina Sarris and James Bock,Staff Writers Staff writer Gregory P. Kane contributed to this article.

Five people remained hospitalized yesterday after suffering gunshot wounds in three seemingly unrelated shootings in Baltimore Saturday night and yesterday, police reported.

In the most recent incident, a 14-year-old boy was shot in the face by an unknown assailant in the 300 block of W. Baltimore St. about 3:20 a.m. yesterday. He was listed in fair condition at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Baltimore police said they knew of no motive or suspect.

Hours earlier, a man and woman were shot as they fled from a gunman who had forced his way into their home in the 1600 block of N. Milton Ave. at 10:45 p.m. Saturday, police said.

Wayne Colvin, 35, was in critical condition with a gunshot wound in his back at Johns Hopkins Hospital last night, police said. Theresa Allen, 31, was in good condition at the same hospital with a gunshot wound to her abdomen.

The shootings followed an argument between Mr. Colvin and the gunman at the door of the home, police said. Mr. Colvin slammed the door, but the assailant forced his way inside. He then robbed the victims of an undetermined amount of money and shot them as they fled the house, police said.

In another incident Saturday, a 31-year-old Northeast Baltimore man was shot in the chest during an argument in the 2000 block of E. North Ave. and a teen-aged bystander was wounded, police said.

Police found Kevin Crabbe of the 4200 block of Sheldon Ave. about 9:10 p.m. He had been shot in the chest and was lying on the sidewalk near a liquor store and Chinese carry-out, police said. Mr. Crabbe was in good condition yesterday at Johns Hopkins Hospital, according to police.

Yusief Hall, 16, also of the Sheldon Avenue address, told police dTC that he was sitting across North Avenue in the 1900 block of N. Castle St. when he heard the shots and felt a pain in his head.

Police said the Hall youth was struck by a bullet. He was in fair condition yesterday at the Maryland Shock Trauma Center.

At least two bullets entered Ho's Carry-out in the 2000 block of E. North Ave., but no one was injured there, a detective said.

Police could not say why the shooting occurred nor offer a description of the gunman.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.