James D. LambOwned auto body shopJames Dallas Lamb, owner...

OBITUARIES

August 20, 1993

James D. Lamb

Owned auto body shop

James Dallas Lamb, owner of C & F Auto Body in Millersville, died Monday at North Arundel Hospital after a heart attack.

Mr. Lamb, who was 51 and lived in Millersville, had owned the shop, which does auto painting and body work, for 35 years.

The Baltimore native was also an auto racing fan and owned a 1938 Chevrolet he had restored. He also customized cars as a hobby.

Services for Mr. Lamb were to be conducted at 9:30 a.m. today at the Singleton Funeral Home, 1 Second Ave. S.W. in Glen Burnie.

He is survived by his wife, the former Geraldine A. Cook; two daughters, Amy A. Seibel of Pasadena and Donna Guilfoyle of Glen Burnie; two sons, James D. Lamb Jr. of Severn and Leonard Lamb of Glen Burnie; his mother, Zelma Lamb Cannon of Lansdowne; three sisters, Helen Bruce of Doswell, Va., Opal Stafford of Lansdowne and Janet Johns of Bulls Gap, Tenn.; and two granddaughters.

Eleanor M. Pazourek

Retired accountant

Eleanor M. Pazourek, a retired accountant and bookkeeper for a wholesaler of clothing manufacturing equipment, died July 26 after an apparent heart attack at her home in Rodgers Forge.

Miss Pazourek, who was 68, worked for J. Dashew Inc. for about 12 years and had earlier worked for the Glenn L. Martin Co., an aircraft manufacturer, for about 20 years.

Born in Baltimore, she was a graduate of St. Wenceslaus School and the Institute of Notre Dame. She also took courses at colleges, including the College of Notre Dame of Maryland, Essex Community College, Loyola College and Towson State University.

A member of the Catholic Daughters of America, she belonged to St. Pius X Church.

A memorial Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. tomorrow at the Carmelite Monastery, 1318 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson.

She is survived by a brother, Edward Pazourek of Salisbury; and many nieces and nephews.

William A. Odell

School supervisor

William A. Odell, a retired supervisor of industrial arts in the Baltimore County school system, died Tuesday of cancer at the Charlestown Retirement Community in Catonsville.

Mr. Odell, who was 78, retired in 1972 after more than 30 years as a supervisor and teacher at several high schools. He specialized in woodworking and sheet metal work.

He also worked in those crafts in the hobby workshops at Charlestown.

A member of Epsilon Pi Tau honor society, he also belonged to the American Vocational Association.

Born in East Troy, Wis., he was a 1939 graduate of the University of Wisconsin/Stout in Menomonie and earned a master's degree from the University of Maryland in 1949.

He was an aviation metalsmith in the Navy during World War II.

Services were to be conducted at 1 p.m. today at the Eline Funeral Home, 934 S. Main St. in Hampstead.

He is survived by his wife of 51 years, the former Mary Wilhelm; and many nieces and nephews.

The family suggested memorial contributions to Forest Baptist Church in Upperco, the Charlestown Benevolent Fund or the St. Agnes Hospice Program.

Mary C. Leary

Active in VFW group

Mary Catherine Leary, who had been active in the Maryland auxiliary of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and lived in Baltimore for many years, died Monday of heart failure at a nursing home in New Hampshire.

Mrs. Leary, who was 92, moved to Whitefield, N.H., three years ago.

The former Mary Catherine Rudolph was a native of Sandy Hook. She had been a member of St. Rose of Lima Roman Catholic Church in Brooklyn.

Her husband of 52 years, William L. Leary, died in 1967.

Services for Mrs. Leary were to be conducted at 11 a.m. today at the Singleton Funeral Home, 1 Second Ave. S.W., in Glen Burnie.

She is survived by a son, William L. Leary of Dunedin, Fla.; four grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.

Marie Cummings

Ex-Guilford resident

Marie Collins Lacy Cummings, a former Guilford resident who was active in sports, died Tuesday at the Manor Care Ruxton nursing home of complications of a respiratory illness. She was 85.

Mrs. Cummings was a former president of the Country Club Bowling Association and member of the Hillendale Country Club, where she was a frequent golfer.

A native of Baltimore, she was a graduate of what is now the Notre Dame Preparatory School and of the College of Notre Dame.

A Mass of Christian burial for Mrs. Cummings will be offered at 10 a.m. tomorrow at the Church of the Nativity, 1800 Vista Lane in Timonium.

Her husband, John Cummings Sr., died in 1981.

She is survived by three daughters, M. Lacy Gentry of Towson, Frances C. Sweeney of Baltimore and M. Camilla Meiser of Catonsville; two sons, John Cummings Jr. of Richmond, Va., and Alexander L. Cummings of Towson; 30 grandchildren; and 50 great-grandchildren.

Eunice Parry

Retired secretary

Eunice Parry, 72, who retired after 28 years as a secretary at the Glenn L. Martin Co., died of cancer July 28 at Franklin Square Hospital.

The former Eunice Molt was a secretary to the president of Martin, now Martin Marietta Corp., from 1943 to 1971. From then until her retirement in 1984, she was a secretary at the Grange Elementary School in Dundalk.

Born in Hopewell, Va., Mrs. Parry had lived in Dundalk since moving there in childhood with her family in the early 1930s.

She was a 1937 graduate of Sparrows Point High.

She was a member of Sigma Phi Gamma Sorority for 53 years and of the Dundalk chapter of the Women of the Moose, where she held the Academy of Friendship Degree.

Services were private.

She is survived by her husband of 40 years, Arthur Parry; a daughter, Georgia Albert of Dundalk; two sisters, Mary Ward of Fort Myers, Fla., and Lillian Jogodeski of Perry Hall; a niece, Jeanette Shenk of Perry Hall; and three great-nieces.

The family suggested contributions may be made to the Grant A Wish Foundation of Maryland, P.O. Box 21211, Baltimore 21228.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.