NORTH--Manchester * Hampstead * Lineboro

August 17, 1993

Alesia Church finishes remodeling

The Alesia Free Methodist Church, 4250 Alesia-Lineboro Road, has announced the completion of a major remodeling project and display of the new Free Methodist Church emblem.

The church, a member of the Maryland/Virginia Conference of the Free Methodist Church, was started in 1904. The first church building was completed in 1906 and remodeled between 1970 and 1975 with a new sanctuary.

In 1992, Alesia installed new carpet in the sanctuary, new hymnals in the pews and a new public address system and much-needed repair work was started.

From June 1992 to June 1993, the size of the church more than doubled, with programs for all ages.

On Aug. 7 the church unveiled the new Free Methodist emblem, "The Cross, the World and the Flame" on the front of the church. The Free Methodist Church was started in 1860 to promote freedoms in people's lives, including the freedom found in the Bible, human freedoms, freedom in worship, free seats in the church and freedom of lay people to become involved in the church.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.