* SHOOTING: Central District -- A resident of the 700 block of McCabe Ave. who was shot in the back and shoulder was listed in serious condition at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Police investigating the shooting said a female friend of the victim drove him to the hospital late Monday night and drove off. It was not immediately known where the shooting occurred. Police plan to question the victim when his condition improves.
* SHOOTING: Eastern District -- A 17-year-old resident of the 100 block of S. Wolfe St. was among several people standing in the 700 block of N. Bradford St. Monday afternoon when a gunman fired several shots. The victim was shot in the foot and taken to Johns Hopkins Hospital for treatment. No arrest had been made.
* OFFICER ASSAULTED/ARRESTS: Northern District -- Police arrested two 17-year-old boys Monday night after they attempted to run down Officer Michael Fields in the 2600 block of Hunter St. while driving a stolen car. Officer Fields was on foot about 7 p.m. Monday when a car speeding south on Hunter Street nearly struck him when he ordered the driver to stop. Two blocks away, police stopped the car, which had been stolen, and arrested the youths. After being charged with auto theft and assaulting Officer Fields, the youths were sent to the Charles H. Hickey School at Cub Hill, Baltimore County, pending a juvenile hearing.
* CUTTING: Northern District -- A Florida man was cut in the face several times when he attempted to break up a fight inside a house in the 2500 block of Cylburn Ave. Monday. The victim was taken to Sinai Hospital for treatment and released. Police arrested a suspect in the case and were holding him at the station pending charges.
* STOLEN CAR: Northern District -- A 1983 Chevrolet truck owned by a resident of Phoenix, Baltimore County, was stolen Monday from the 4700 block of N. Charles St.
* STOLEN CAR: Northern District -- A 1993 Toyota with Maryland license plates 52670C was stolen from the 100 block of W. 27th St. Monday.
* BURGLARY: Southern District -- Police were seeking two youths who entered McCrory's department store in the 1100 block of Light St. through a second-story window between Sunday and Monday and stole a radio and two adding machines. The pair fled when the burglar alarm went off, and they dropped the property in a trash can outside. Police responding to the alarm recovered the property.
* CUTTING: Southern District -- A resident of the 800 block of Bethune Road was stabbed in the back by two men in the 2700 block of Spellman Road Monday and taken to the Harbor Hospital Center for treatment.
* BURGLARY: Southwestern District -- Someone entered an apartment in the 200 block of S. Beechfield Ave. Monday and stole property valued at nearly $350. Later, police arrested a suspect in the case and were holding him at the station pending charges.
* ASSAULT: Western District -- Police were seeking a woman who struck a man with a hammer during an argument at the victim's home in the 1100 block of Carrollton Ave. Monday. The victim was taken to the University of Maryland Medical Center and released.
* BURGLARY: Towson District -- Police responding to a burglary at Loch Raven Liquors in the 1700 block of Yakona Road late Sunday night arrested a man who had entered by breaking a window. The man was charged with burglary and then taken to the Spring Grove State Hospital in Catonsville for evaluation.
* BURGLARY: Towson District -- Someone entered National City Mortgages in the 8300 block of Bellona Ave. between July 2 and July 5 and stole a fax machine.
* BURGLARY: Towson District -- A lawn mower was stolen from a storage shed in the 2400 block of Sylvale Road between Sunday and Monday.
* THEFT: Parkville District -- A resident of the 8700 block of Stockwell Road was giving a Fourth of July party at her home Sunday when someone entered a room and stole jewelry valued at more than $4,000.
* BURGLARY: Edgewood -- Someone entered Steve's TV Repairs in the 2700 block of Pulaski Highway between Saturday and Monday after breaking a window with a chunk of cinder block and stole a VCR. When the cinder block crashed through the window, it landed on a micro-filming machine, destroying it.