* The Bethlehem Steel Corp. appointed William C. Donovan superintendent of the plate mill department.
* CTA Inc., a Rockville-based aerospace systems engineering, development and integration company, named Dr. Robert F. Pelzmann Jr. vice president of systems development.
* Greiner, a full service international engineering, architecture, planning and surveying firm, announced that James W. Wright has joined its Timonium office as an electrical engineer.
* Inland Leidy Inc., a full-line distributor of solvents, resins and fiberglass, named John Hurban sales representative.
* Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, P.A., announced that Victor J. Chen, Ph.D., P.E., has joined the firm as project engineer in the hydrologic/hydraulic department.
* Roberts & Vardell Inc., a McLean, Va.-based interior design and space planning firm, named Susan Shay Pelczynski project manager.
* McCormick & Company Inc., the Sparks-based producer of spices, seasonings, flavorings and specialty foods, appointed Catherine B. James credit manager-non-grocery
and Troy A. Geesaman sales financial analyst in the sales service department of the McCormick/Schilling Division.
* Sync Data Inc., a Hyattsville-based computer support and software development company, named Harry F. Watt director of sales and marketing.
Legal and professional
Gray Kirk/VanSant, a full service agency with specialties in lodging, financial services, seniors, retail, franchise and automotive industries, named Marcy Sagel director of its design group, GKV Design.
* Katz, Abosch, Windesheim, Gershman & Freedman, P.A., a Baltimore-based accounting and management/consulting firm, named Jim Bolin supervisor and Kris King staff accountant in its Towson office.
Advertising and PR
ADVO Inc., a national direct marketing firm, appointed Lea Lorenzo an account representative in its Baltimore office.
Cornerstone, a Baltimore-based advertising agency, named Gerry Frank vice president/creative director.
* Nevins and Associates, an Owings Mills-based advertising, marketing, public relations and customer service firm, announced Caryn Sagal, a junior majoring in journalism
the University of Maryland at College Park, has joined the firm as its summer intern.
* Parks, Ottenheimer & Subotnik Advertising, a full-size agency specializing in marketing, broadcast production, graphic design and direct mail, announced that Amy Dannenfelser has joined the firm as an assistant account executive.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Maryland announced that Marilyn D. Maultsby has been promoted to vice president of planning and administration.
* Northwest Hospital Center appointed Karen Weiss director of outpatient services.
Eastern Savings Bank, Hunt Valley branch, appointed Michael D. Surgen president.
Ferris, Baker Watts Inc., a Washington-based full-service brokerage firm, appointed Kim A. Woodford to its investment banking division in Baltimore.
* Key Federal Savings Bank appointed Aaron E. Dock Sr. commercial business development officer.
* Provident Bank of Maryland appointed Leesa McShane a vice president in the commercial banking division.