The Carroll County Career and Technology Center had its awards ceremony Thursday and presented the following program honors:
* Air conditioning and refrigeration: Robert King, Francis Scott Key High; David Boyer, Westminster High; Allen Jackson, adult.
* Auto body: Kerry Collins, North Carroll High.
* Auto mechanics: Will Graf, NCHS.
* Carpentry: Steven Schubert, WHS.
* Computer technology: Jill Sweeney, WHS.
* Cosmetology: Stacia McGee, NCHS; Ricky Vincent, WHS.
* Culinary arts: Angie Robertson, South Carroll High.
* Drafting: Anthony Becker, FSK.
* Emergency Service technology: Jamey Hooper, FSK.
* Electrical construction: Mark Mosley, NCHS.
* Electronics technology: Marco DiTanna, WHS.
* Fashions: Beth Bonde, SCHS.
* Horticulture: Kim Fogle, FSK.
* Machine technology: Keith Klunk, WHS.
* Masonry: Tony Bitzel, FSK.
* Plumbing/heating: Scott Moyle, WHS.
* Practical Nursing: Doreen Watson, WHS.
* Welding technology: John Blankenship, Brian Harris, WHS.
The following students won scholarships:
* Angie Robertson: culinary arts, SCHS, $1,000 scholarship to Baltimore Culinary Institute.
* Jessica Dori: culinary arts, WHS, $1,500 scholarship to Baltimore Culinary Institute.
* Shelly Shriver: child care, WHS, $300 Maryland state scholarship.
* Dawn Young: child care, Liberty High, $1,000 scholarship from Fairhaven; Beth Bonde: textiles/fashion design, SCHS, Mount Airy Business Association scholarship.
* Mike Fletcher: welding technology, WHS, $600 Maryland American Welding Society and $500 National American Welding Society; Julie Stewart: child care, WHS, Carroll Community College Commissioners Student Leadership Scholarship.
* Denise Greely: cosmetology, WHS, winner Deer Park Lions Club scholarship; John Blankenship: welding, WHS, finalist; Frank Hill: machine technology, NCHS, finalist; Scott Moyle: plumbing, WHS, finalist; David Shipley: air conditioning, SCHS, finalist.
* Tina Wales: drafting, FSK; Beth Bonde: fashion design, SCHS -- Sykesville Rotary Club scholarship.
* Mark Mosley: electrical construction, NCHS, winner Westminster Kiwanis Club scholarship; Julie Ensor: practical nursing, WHS, first runner-up; Tony Becker: drafting, FSK, finalist; Beth Bonde: fashion design, SCHS, finalist; Jill Sweeney: computer technology, WHS, finalist.
* Julie Ensor: practical nursing, WHS, Westminster Lions Club scholarship; Brian Blankenship: machine technology, WHS -- Charles Bowman Memorial Scholarship.
* Gary Chamberlin: air conditioning, NCHS; Ray Green: diesel technology, WHS; Ryan Roberts: emergency services technology, WHS -- Linda Jean Gill Achievement Awards.
* Julie Ensor: practical nursing, WHS -- Ray Kroc Student/Teacher Achievement Award, sponsored by McDonald's; Doreen Watson: practical nursing, WHS -- Carroll County General Hospital Nursing Scholarship.
The following students received perfect attendance awards:
* Two years: Elizabeth Bailey, textiles/fashion design, WHS; John Blankenship, welding technology, WHS; John Grantland, drafting, WHS; Doug Wright, auto body, Liberty; Montana Wright, cosmetology, FSK.
* One year: Gerald Cole, WHS, and Leisa Sexton, SCHS, computer technology; David Lee, WHS, machine technology I; Ki-Lynn Smith, NCHS, warehousing/materials management; Marilyn Staub, adult, practical nursing; Michelle Stonesifer, WHS, cosmetology; Leanne Tipton, NCHS, horticulture; Doreen Watson, WHS, practical nursing.