* The Adler Group Inc., which publishes apartment and home guides, real estate newspapers and employment newspapers, announced plans to rename the Tenant's Guide, a monthly magazine that covers the commercial real estate industry in the Washington metropolitan area, to Washington Office.
* The American Marketing Association's Baltimore Chapter board of directors for 1993-1994 consists of: president, David Brond of GBMC; president-elect, Lauren Lehman of the United Way of Central Maryland; vice presidents, Meredith Callanan of T. Rowe Price, Noreen Constantine of First National Bank of Maryland, Barbara Gassaway of the Family Research Group, Leslie Kendrick of Williams & Wilkins, Mark Luterman of Hertzbach, Sapperstein & Sidle, and Marcie Shapiro of Yaffee & Company Inc.; directors, Lisa Garrett of the United Way, Fran Kline of The Collateral Group, Scott McBride of Hollander, Cohen & McBride, Bill Tamulonis of Maryland National Bank, Mike Kelly of WNUV-TV 54 and Patrice Malloy of the Baltimore Zoo.
* The Central Scholarship Bureau announced installment of the following officers: Ann S. Neumann, president; Steven Himmelrich, first vice president; Manuele Wasserman, second vice president; Dennis Uhlfelder, secretary; Betty Waghelstein, treasurer; and Fran Mitnick, financial secretary.
* Kara Brook and Associates has recently become The Brook Group.
* J. Stephen Simms, partner with Quinn, Ward and Kershaw, has been appointed chair-elect of the American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section Committee on Professional, Officers' and Directors' Liability Law for 1993-1994.
Custom Telemarketing Services, a Columbia-based agency, has signed the following Uniglobe Corporate Travel Services as new clients: Travelin' Man of Philadelphia; Gateway of Seattle; First in Travel of Marietta, Ga.; Preferred of Denver; and Cascade of Everett, Wash. Custom Telemarketing will provide these agencies with lead-generation services for their corporate sales teams.
* The Macklin Agency has been selected to handle public relations, special events and promotions for the Family Arcade. Located at the Greenspring Shopping Center, the Family Arcade features the latest in video equipment, children's rides and family entertainment.
* Rosse & Associates Inc., a Sparks-based advertising and marketing agency, was awarded the advertising account for FMC Corp./Pharmaceutical & Bioscience Division in Philadelphia.
* Western Development Corp. has selected W. B. Doner & Co. to handle the advertising for its Gurnee Mills Mall account.
* Charlestown Retirement Community, a nonprofit organization devoted to meeting the special housing, health and personal service needs of retired persons, named Gail Neault assistant volunteer coordinator for independent living at its life care community in Catonsville.
* The Enterprise Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that works to provide affordable housing for poor people, promoted Helen Fink and Herschelle Reed-Morris to program director.
Open for business
* The Baltimore Life Insurance Co. has opened its corporate headquarters at 10075 Red Run Blvd. in Owings Mills.
* Betz & Strouse Inc., a court reporting firm with headquarters in Baltimore, has opened an office at 22 W. Allegheny Ave. in Towson.
* Ellis & Associates CPAs, PA, a Baltimore County-based accounting firm, has announced the opening of Precision-Plus Bookkeeping Services.
* Isaac & Associates, a financial planning company specializing in estate and income planning, has moved to 7050 Oakland Mills Road, Suite 130, in Columbia.
* Progressive Networks Inc., a cable installation and computing consulting firm, has relocated to 10820 Guilford Road, Suite 210 in Annapolis Junction.
* Stuff'n Turkey, a national fast-food chain headquartered in Owings Mills, has opened in The Shops at National Place, 13th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington.
* Harkins Builders Inc. appointed Jane Martinko controller.
* The Alumni Association of the School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, selected William Weiner as Honored Alumnus for 1993.
* Chesapeake Bay Magazine, a boating-lifestyle magazine published in Annapolis, won an Award of Merit for Best Cover Design at the 34th annual Regional Publishers Association Conference.
* Image Dynamics Inc., a Baltimore-based full-service advertising and public relations agency, has won the Silver Anvil Award. The award recognizes outstanding achievement in a public relations program.
* Steven H. Gassaway, of Casey & Associates Inc./ONCOR International, has achieved the SIOR designation from the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors.
* Maryland Motor Truck Association has selected Edward A. Gallagher lV as its 15th Annual Person of the Year. He is the president of George Transfer Inc., a Parkton-based trucking company specializing in steel and aluminum hauling.