Louis Zingarelli Sr.Lithographer, driverLouis Zingarelli...


June 03, 1993

Louis Zingarelli Sr.

Lithographer, driver

Louis Zingarelli Sr., a lithographer and deliveryman, died Sunday after a heart attack at his home in East Baltimore.

The 66-year-old Pulaski Highway resident made deliveries for the Highland Pharmacy for 17 years and earlier had been a lithographer, printing labels on cans for the Continental Can Co. for two decades. He also had worked for the Crown Cork and Seal Co.

The East Baltimore native was a graduate of Our Lady of Pompei School and attended Patterson Park High School. He served in the Navy during World War II and was a member of the Henry Gunther Post of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

Services were to be conducted at 11 a.m. today at the Joseph N. Zannino Jr. Funeral Home, 263 S. Conkling St., Baltimore.

He is survived by his wife, the former Sarah Arlene Smith; son Louis Zingarelli Jr. of Baltimore and brother Joseph Zingarelli of Rosedale.

M. L. Thompson

Lived in Ferndale

Maggie Lou Thompson, who moved from Ferndale to Seaford, Del., over a year ago, died Monday of heart failure at a hospital in the Delaware community. She was 87.

She was interested in needlework and gardening and had been a member of the Ferndale United Methodist Church.

The former Maggie Lou Chesnutt was a native of Magnolia, N.C., who came to the Baltimore area in the mid-1940s. Her husband of 50 years, Clifton A. Thompson, died in 1986.

Services were to be conducted at 1 p.m. today at the Singleton Funeral Home, 1 Second Ave. S.W., in Glen Burnie.

Mrs. Thompson is survived by two daughters, Sylvia L. Vantrease of Seaford and Betty Polaski of Pasadena; a brother, David Chesnutt of Wilmington, N.C.; three sisters, Sarah Mae Trent of Lynchburg, Va., Ruth Pressley of Jacksonville, N.C., and Addie Lee Thompson of New Bern, N.C.; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.

Elizabeth I. Bissell

Equipment firm official

Elizabeth I. Bissell, retired vice president of a gas heating and air-conditioning equipment company her husband headed, died Sunday at Roland Park Place of complications of cancer.

She was 87 and had moved from Hampton in the Towson area to Roland Park Place about three years ago.

Born and raised in New York City, the former Elizabeth I. Weston came to the Baltimore area in 1950 with her husband, Raymond A. Bissell, who died last year.

Until retiring about 15 years ago, they operated the Baltimore Gas Equipment Co.

In the Baltimore area, Mrs. Bissell was a member of the Baltimore County Club, the Colony Club, the Newcomers Club and the Three Arts Club of Homeland.

A memorial Mass for Mrs. Bissell was to be offered at 5 p.m. today at Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church, Baltimore and Ware avenues in Towson.

She is survived by two sons, R. Ward Bissell of Ann Arbor, Mich., and Robin W. Bissell of Baldwin; six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

Lawrence H. Rude

Claims adjuster

Lawrence H. Rude, a retired wage and claims adjuster for the Social Security Administration, died Sunday of heart failure at North Arundel Hospital.

He was 81 and lived in Glen Burnie.

He retired in 1967 after 30 years with SSA, having started with the agency shortly after it was established.

During World War II, Mr. Rude served in the Army in Europe and was made a knight of the Order of Orange-Nassau by Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands for his role, as a railroad official, in returning displaced Dutch citizens to their homeland.

A member of Magothy United Methodist Church, he was a former president of the board of Damascus House, a halfway house for alcoholics.

The native of Hamburg, N.J., graduated from high school there and attended the Bliss Electrical School in Washington.

Services for Mr. Rude were to be conducted at 11 a.m. today at the Singleton Funeral Home, 1 Second Ave. S.W., in Glen Burnie.

Mr. Rude is survived by his wife of 60 years, the former Minerva Bernhardt; a brother, Donald Rude of San Bernardino, Calif.; and three sisters, Margaret Cerniglia and Ruth Clayton, both of Philadelphia, and Helen Cahill of Hamburg.

Michael L. Hartley

Greenhouse manager

Michael L. Hartley, a greenhouse manager for a research company with headquarters in Columbia, died Saturday at Anne Arundel General Medical Center of smoke inhalation after a fire that morning in his Arnold home.

He was 31 and had worked for Crop Genetics International since he graduated from the University of Maryland at College Park with a degree in horticulture in 1985. The greenhouses he managed were in Henderson on the Eastern Shore.

Before his graduation, he had worked at the Federal Agricultural Research Center in Beltsville.

Born in Fort Lee, Va., Mr. Hartley had lived in the Washington area since 1964 and was a graduate of High Point High School in Beltsville.

A Mass of Christian burial was to be offered at 11 a.m. today at Holy Redeemer Roman Catholic Church in College Park.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.