* BURGLARY/SHOOTING: Eastern District -- The resident of a house in the 800 block of N. Rutland Ave. shot a man who was breaking into his house late Wednesday night. The intruder was entering the house through a kitchen window shortly after 11 p.m. when he was shot by the owner of the house. The wounded man, a resident of the 1800 block of W. Fayette St., managed to walk to Johns Hopkins Hospital, where he was treated and placed under arrest. No charges were placed against the occupant and the case remains under investigation.
* SHOOTING: Western District -- A resident of the 2300 block of N. Monroe St. was walking in the 900 block of Cloney St. shortly before 11 p.m. Wednesday when an unidentified gunman shot him twice in the chest. The victim was taken by ambulance to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center and is listed in stable condition.
* THEFT: Central District -- Lawn furniture valued at more than $300 was stolen from the back yard of a house in the 2600 block of Eutaw Place Wednesday night.
* ROBBERY: Central District -- A resident of the 1600 block of Grandview Road was walking in the 500 block of N. Eutaw St. around midnight Wednesday when a gunman robbed him of his wallet containing an undisclosed sum of money.
* THEFT: Central District -- Someone entered the car of a resident of the 8900 block of Waltham Woods Road in Baltimore County while it was parked in the 1200 block of N. Charles St. early Wednesday and stole a carrying bag, purse, cash and other property, valued at more than $400.
* SHOOTING: Northern District -- A teen-age resident of the 4300 block of Old York Road was in the 600 block of E. 43rd St. Wednesday afternoon when another youth shot him in the head with a BB gun. The injured youth was taken to Union Memorial Hospital for treatment and released. No arrest had been made.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Someone entered a house in the 400 block of E. Lorraine Ave. through a kitchen window between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and stole property valued at more than $800.
* ROBBERY: Southwestern District -- A resident of the 100 block of S. Morley St. was in the 300 block of N. Monastery Ave. about 3 a.m. Wednesday when a gunman struck him with the weapon and robbed him of $65.
* RAPE/ARREST: Southwestern District -- Police arrested a teen-ager and charged him with raping a woman behind a building in the 100 block of N. Hilton Ave. about 2 a.m. Wednesday. The victim was treated at the University of Maryland Medical Center and released.
* BURGLARY: Southwestern District -- Someone entered a house in the 700 block of Poplar Grove St. Wednesday through an open door while a man was working inside and stole property valued at nearly $200. The door was left open so the worker could get some fresh air.
* ROBBERY: Southwestern District -- A man robbed the Amoco service station in the 4600 block of Edmondson Ave. Wednesday afternoon by threatening to set fire to the gas pumps. The man escaped with an undisclosed sum of money.
* BURGLARY: Southwestern District -- Property valued at nearly $1,500 was stolen from a house in the 5000 block of Windsor Mill Road Wednesday morning by someone who entered through the front door.
* THEFT: Southwestern District -- Clothing valued at more than $600 was stolen from a house in the 2900 block of Poplar Terrace Wednesday.
* CUTTINGS: Northeastern District -- A female resident of the 5300 block of Eastbury Ave. was cut in the right side and the hand during an argument at her home Wednesday night with a man she knows. The woman was taken to the Francis Scott Key Medical Center for treatment and released. The man, a resident of the 4100 block of Eastmont Ave., also was cut but refused treatment.
* SCHOOL BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- Two vending machines inside Leith Walk Elementary in the 1200 block of Sherwood Ave. were damaged by someone who tried to remove money from them Wednesday morning.
* THEFT: Northeastern District -- A warrant was expected to be issued for the arrest of a woman who attempted to leave the Burlington Coat Factory store in the 1600 block of Havenwood Road Wednesday without paying for merchandise valued at nearly $95. The property was recovered from the woman, who provided identification and was allowed to leave pending the warrant.
* BURGLARY: Towson District -- Two bikes valued at $1,200 were stolen from a house in the 1500 block of Locust Ave. between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Cockeysville District -- Someone entered Rebounders Gymnastic Center in the first block of Foxtail Road between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and stole $20 from a safe.
* THEFT: Cockeysville District -- A white Yamaha golf cart valued at $500 was stolen from the Hillendale Country Club in the 13700 block of Blenheim Road between May 1 and Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Cockeysville District -- Someone entered the Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Co. in the 9500 block of Deereco Road from a fire escape stairwell between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and stole $200 from an office desk.