* ARSON: Central District -- Someone set a fire in the first-floor stairwell of an apartment building in the 1300 block of St. Paul St. early Thursday morning, forcing the evacuation of several residents. Two firefighters sustained injuries to their hands and were taken to Union Memorial Hospital for treatment. They were later released. The fire was declared under control in 15 minutes.
* ROBBERY: Western District -- A resident of the 1100 block of Wicklow Road was robbed of $21 by a gunman in the first block of N. Smallwood St. Wednesday morning.
* THEFT/ARREST: Western District -- Police arrested a woman Wednesday who attempted to leave Rudo's Sports in the Mondawmin Mall Wednesday without paying for a sweat suit valued at $170.
* ROBBERY: Western District -- A gunman robbed a resident of the 300 block of N. Mount St. of nearly $140 in the 1800 block of Edmondson Ave. Wednesday morning.
* ASSAULT: Western District -- A resident of the 400 block of Poplar Grove St. was admitted to Bon Secours Hospital Wednesday afternoon after he was attacked by two men in the first block of N. Mount St. The men struck him over the head with an unknown weapon.
* SHOOTING: Western District -- A resident of the 600 block of Mosher St. was sitting on the front steps of a house in the 1000 block of N. Stricker St. Wednesday evening when he heard several gunshots. The man then felt a pain in his right leg and was taken to the University of Maryland Medical Center for treatment of a bullet wound.
* ASSAULT: Western District -- A resident of the 1500 block of Eutaw Place was listed in serious condition at the Maryland Shock Trauma Center after she was attacked by two men on a school playground in the 1100 block of Laurens St. Wednesday morning. The men, who struck her several times with a bottle, escaped.
* ROBBERY TRY: Western District -- Two men, one with an Uzi-like weapon, attempted to rob a resident of the 2100 block of W. Fairmount Ave. in the first block of N. Pulaski St. Tuesday night but walked away when they found nothing of value after searching the man's pockets.
* CUTTING: Southern District -- A resident of the 700 block of Reedbird Ave. was in the 2400 block of Seabury Ave. Tuesday when he was attacked by a woman who cut him with a broken bottle. The woman was arrested.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Several pairs of jeans and pieces of jewelry were stolen from Second Chance in the 400 block of E. 32nd St. Wednesday morning by someone who entered through the front door.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- A resident of the 2500 block of Guilford Ave. was withdrawing money from a 24-hour teller machine in the 2500 block of N. Charles St. Wednesday when a man robbed her of an undisclosed sum after threatening to shoot her. No weapon was displayed.
* THEFT: Northern District -- A multi-speed bike valued at $250 was stolen from the back yard of a house in the 100 block of Overhill Road between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Someone entered a house in the 2400 block of Loyola Northway Wednesday and stole a TV and jewelry, all valued at nearly $300.
* ARSON: Northern District -- Someone threw a flamable device through the front window of Stop, Shop & Save in the 2800 block of Greenmount Ave. Wednesday, setting a fire that caused minor damage.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- A TV, stereo equipment and canned goods, all valued at nearly $600, were stolen from a house in the 5200 block of Ready Ave. Wednesday morning by someone who entered after breaking a pane of glass from a rear door.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- A TV and stereo equipment, all valued at $1,000, were stolen from a house in the 3700 block of Kimble Road Wednesday morning by someone who entered through a door.
* PURSE SNATCHING: SNATCHING: Northeastern District -- A 76-year-old resident of the 2600 block of Pelham Ave. was walking near her home Wednesday when a man stole her purse containing cash and property, all valued at more than $100.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- An undisclosed sum of coins was stolen from at least one cigarette machine at the city-owned Mount Pleasant golf course club house in the 6000 block of Hillen Road Wednesday by someone who entered the building and ripped a burglar alarm from a wall.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Property of unknown value was stolen from a house in the 4500 block of Bonner Road Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Someone entered a house in the 2300 block of Anoka Ave. through a rear door Wednesday and stole property valued at $700.
* RAPE/ARREST: Northwestern District -- Police arrested a man and were holding him at the station in connection with the rape of a 33-year-old woman inside a house in the 3900 block of Park Heights Ave. Wednesday. After the woman was freed, she was taken to Mercy Medical Center for treatment. The man was arrested after the woman gave police his description.