Union Mills * Westminster * Sandymount

CENTRAL --

April 30, 1993

Odor of smoke forces 15 people to leave eatery

Fifteen customers and employees had to evacuate from a Westminster restaurant when they smelled smoke about 10 p.m. Wednesday.

Units from Westminster, Reese, Pleasant Valley and Manchester were dispatched to Shoney's Restaurant on Route 140 at Englar Road and found an overheated cooling unit inside the building.

Capt. Doug Spencer of the Westminster Fire Department said the unit was shut off and customers and employees were allowed to return.

7' Fire units were out for 46 minutes.

FIRE

* Westminster: Westminster responded to a wash detail at Cranberry Mall at 11:59 a.m. yesterday. Units were out for 22 minutes.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.