75 Years Ago* Fishing Creek Club House and farm has been...

FLASHBACKS

April 25, 1993

75 Years Ago

* Fishing Creek Club House and farm has been purchased by Dietrich Bros. of Baltimore for $20,000. It has one of the best ducking shores in Anne Arundel County as well as a bathing beach. -- The Sun, April 4, 1918.

* The Magothy, Severn and South rivers are being stocked with millions of little perch by the State Conservation Commission. If successful, this effort will be followed by stocking of white perch and rock. -- The Sun, April 8, 1918.

* Anne Arundel County's draft quota for the National Army this month will be 59 men. They will report to Camp Meade according to State's Attorney Nicholas H. Green, head of the local draft board. -- The Sun, April 9, 1918.

* A new oil barge, the Monongahela, built by the Riter-Conley Company, Fairfield, for the Gulf Refining Company, arrived in tow in Annapolis. -- The Sun, April 17, 1918.

Compiled by Robert M. Pennington of the Ann Arrundell County Historical Society.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.