The Harford United Flash (8-0-1) won the Friday night winter indoor soccer championship at Myers Pavilion in Baltimore. En route to its first indoor title, the Flash outscored its opponents, 54-12, and out-shot them, 226-65.
Composed of members of the under-13 outdoor state champions and younger family members, the Flash was led on offense by Shanna Ziegenfuss (19 goals, one assist), Ashley Froman (six, six), Cindy Wolf (three, five) Katie Bowman (two, three), Jessie Steck (three goals), Tina Steck (two, one) and Krysten Martin (one assist).
Midfield and defensive support was provided by Nicole Froman (eight, six), Haley DeLaurence (five, one), Sue Gianniccini (three, two), Jenn Cook (one, two), Brooke Stastny (one, one) and Lauren Hess (one goal).
* Under-10 -- Bel Air traveled to Perring Athletic Club last Saturday and beat Lutherville-Timonium, 5-0, in a battle for second place in the Baltimore Metro League.
Bel Air's Monica Janowitz set a team scoring record with all five goals. Jennifer Shannon and Ashley Mitchell were on the front line with Janowitz. Goalkeeper Angela Munro, aided by defenders Keri Kinnear, Andrea Waldron and Kristin Ivy, earned
* Under-14 -- Belcamp defeated the Edgewood Spirit, 5-2, at the Maryland Sports Arena.
The Spirit, trailing 4-1 at halftime, played evenly with Belcamp, which was powered by two goals each from Brian Shiflett and Brandon Stokes. Kevin Carter scored one for Belcamp.
Scoring for the Spirit (5-1) were Mike Steinen and Chris Kroner. Robert Gaines and Justin Moe were in the goal for the Spirit.
* Brian Malcolm, John Gostomski, Jimmy Baker, Eric Litras and ** Matt Delaney of Bel Air and Aaron Szager of Joppatowne are members of the Soccer Club of Baltimore Post 38 team, which won the A Division league championships at the Meyers Pavilion.
The team beat the Baltimore Football Club Bullets, Lovell Regency, Good Counsel and Perry Hall.
* Under-10 -- The Spirit shut out Bel Air, 3-0, at the Maryland Sports Arena Tuesday night with goals scored by Jon Ryan, Megan Moe and Matt Gaines.
Fullbacks Ray Blucher, Jennifer Jenkins, Adam Price and Neal Hughes, as well as goalie Craig Nearhood were credited with outstanding defensive performances.
* The Greater Harford Strikers defeated White Marsh, 10-3, at the Maryland Sports Arena behind two goals each from Joey Meise, Luke Meissner and Mike Costello.
Chris Schneider, Brian Kemper, Tim Andon and Sean McAvoy each scored once. Assists were credited to Costello (three), Schneider (two), Meise, Meissner and Brad Lijewski. Matthew Wood, Robby Singer, Dan Taylor, Alec Picek and goalie John Kunkle anchored the defense.
* Under-12 -- The Greater Harford Scorpions played the undefeated Hickory Lazers to a 2-2 tie at the Maryland Sports Arena.
Jason Kemper scored both goals for the Scorpions, the first off assists from Tim Bowmann and Derek Snyder and the second off a pass from Eric Syphard. Jimmy Kopp finished with 17 saves.
* The Forest Hill Force (5-1-1) defeated St. Stephen's, 5-0, in Wednesday night action at the Maryland Sports Arena.
Anthony Collurafici scored a hat trick to lead the Force. Mike Duncan and Daniel Watts also scored, with assists going to Duncan, Watts and Greg Spalding.
Defenders Pete Golumbek, Brent Irwin, P. J. Kline, Kevin Voelker at fullback and Eric Blom and Dave Michaels in goal helped the Force to its second shutout.
The Fallston travel team finished play in the Greater Loch Raven Rec Council League last Saturday with a 31-21 win over Towson. Fallston (7-2) finished second in the nine-team league.
On Saturday, Fallston jumped out to a 5-0 lead and never trailed. Karen Tiedemann led all scorers with 16 points, and Jenny Cook had eight points.
Anne West (three), Kristen Gill and Tonya Worthington (two) also scored for Fallston. Contributing to the strong defensive efforts were Stephanie Colevas and Bethany Cannon.
* Bel Air Recreation results from last Saturday include:
* 9-10 -- Shooters 7, Koalas 4; Skippers 14, Meteors 8; Giants 13, Jaguars 12; Tarpons 12, Royals 10.
* 11-12 -- Gators 12, Warriors 7; Sables 12, Leopards 10; Monarchs 18, Eagles 5; Sables 14, Cardinals 13; Marlins 14, Gators 4; Mustangs 15, Tornados 14.
13-14 -- Bulls 29, Eagles 21; Dolphins 27, Ravens 25; Wildcats 23, Bulls 8; Up-Chucks 29, Dolphins 13, Terrapins 25, Hurricanes 12; Sharks 24, Warriors 13.
The Harford Hurricanes played host to the YMCA C&P Swimming Championships at Magnolia Middle School last weekend, competing against 10 other teams.
Swimmers from all teams needed to achieve qualifying times in each event to advance to the YMCA districts in Laurel next weekend. Swimmers can compete in two individual events and one relay event at the district competition.
Qualifying Hurricanes swimmers include: