Computer Data Systems Inc. in Rockville named George Beckett, director, Business Development Group; James E. Francis, director, Program Development; Betty Kennedy, director, Employment; James P. Worley, director, Commercial Systems Development.
* Ecological Restoration and Management Inc. in Towson named Harrison Smith field supervisor.
* ESS Ventures Inc., a media investment and management firm that owns Baltimore and Mid-Atlantic Country magazines, named Gregg P. Boersma vice president, new product development.
International Society of Communication Specialists in Elkridge named Todd Combs executive director.
* Kayla Advertising, a Columbia-based advertising specialty distributor, named Toni O'Grince sales and marketing representative.
* KCI Technologies Inc., a Baltimore-based engineering consulting firm, promoted Maggie M. Lintz to vice president.
* Kirschner Medical Corp. in Timonium named Roger Van Broeck, vice president, Orthopaedic Division.
* McCormick & Company Inc., a Sparks-based producer of spices, seasonings, flavorings and specialty foods, promoted F. Thomas Shumaker to director of Sales Planning for the McCormick/Schilling Division.
* Pride of Baltimore II, a ship that serves as a goodwill ambassador from Baltimore and the state, named Jeffrey Mose director of development.
The Rosen Group Inc., a Baltimore-based arts marketing firm, appointed Matt Platania assistant director/export manager.The Scotsman Group Inc., a Baltimore-based modular building and mobile office business company, promoted Joseph J. O'Donnell
Jr. to vice president of marketing.
* Stouffer Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore named Melissa Greenhouse and Sheila Clement sales managers.
* USTravel in Rockville named Ralph L. Bernstein director, corporate marketing and communications.
* Western Maryland College in Westminster named Barbara E. Shaffer registrar.
Legal and professional
Coopers & Lybrand, an accounting and consulting firm in Baltimore, appointed Eric A. Norberg tax manager.
* E.L. Bert & Co., an accounting firm in Severna Park, named James C. Curitis accountant.
* Sacks, McGibney and Trotta, an accounting and management consulting firm in Baltimore, appointed Robin G. Scholtes staff accountant.
Commercial & Farmers Bank in Ellicott City promoted Mary Ellen Marsalek to assistant treasurer and main office manager, Betty Lee Fox to assistant treasurer and Main Street branch manager, and Kristen Corbett to assistant treasurer and Columbia branch manager.
* Merrill Lynch in Baltimore named the following senior financial consultants: Jerry L. Adams, John L. Ahearn III and Carolyn C. Collini in Baltimore; Christopher D. Cunningham, Jonathan D. Rogers and Stephen C. Hlibok in Columbia and George E. Smith III in Towson.
Corridor Brokerage Services Inc., a regional commercial real estate company, named Danielle Iannone office leasing specialist.
* Everett, Benfield & Associates Inc., a commercial real estate firm based in Bel Air, announced the appointment fo Randolph Johnson to the firm.
* Metropolitan Realty Partners in Baltimore named Alexander B.
Montague vice president.
On the board
Farm Credit Bank of Baltimore elected William S. Jackson chairman of the board and James A. Kinsey vice chairman. Mr. Jackson operates a dairy farm and store in New Salem, Pa., and Mr. Kinsey owns a beef cattle and cow/calf farm in Flemington, W.Va.
* Home Mutual Life Insurance Co. in Baltimore elected as new directors John F. Gaburick, president of Media Dimensions Inc. in Timonium, and Gerard E. Holthaus, senior vice president of MNC Financial Inc. in Baltimore.
Fallston General Hospital appointed Dr. Richard Lavely chairman of emergency medicine and critical care.
* Hallmark Healthcare in Easton and Timonium named Jessica Buhr director of client services.
* The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Health System in Baltimore appointed Colene Daniel-Forde vice president of corporate and professional services in addition to her current
role as vice president for corporate services.
* Montgomery General Hospital in Olney named Eric M. Hebron and Beverly Nitsch Mucciardi as Employee Assistance Program counselors.
* Senior Connections Elder Care Center in Owings Mills named Dianne Nixon director of day care services.
Advertising and PR
Crosby Communications, an Annapolis-based marketing and advertising agency, named Heidi Richter and Bruce Popka account executives.
* Freed and Associates, an advertising and marketing communications agency in Baltimore, promoted Cindy Butta to vice president/media services and appointed Robin Rombro senior media planner/buyer.