* Benedict J. Frederick III was named to the Advisory Council of Landlord-Tenant Affairs. The council reviews state legislation regarding lead poisoning, education, anti-drug issues and RTC reforming of the Real Property Article. Mr. Frederick is vice president of Frederick Realty Inc., a property management and brokerage firm in Baltimore.
* Moses "Bud" Morris was named a certified residential specialist by the Residential Sales Council of the Realtors National Marketing Institute.
* Loyola Federal Savings Bank in Baltimore announced that its subsidiary, Loyola Mortgage Corp. in South Carolina, formed a partnership with Williams Mortgage Corp. in Birmingham, Ala. The partnership will be called Southeastern Mortgage of Alabama.
* Papier Interiors and Design Group Inc. won an interior design contract from Landmark Homes for a 4,076-square-foot model home in the Seminary Overlook community in Lutherville.
* Scott's Level Apartments, a Maryland general partnership, filed for Chapter 11 reorganization in U.S. District Court in Baltimore. Also known as Owings Chase Apartments, principal assets are located at 4607 C Old Court Road in Pikesville. Principal is Albert Eisen. Estimated assets: $9,384,695; liabilities: $10,761,870.
ON THE MOVE
Foundation Homes named Linda G. Veach director of sales operations for English Country Manor in Bel Air.
* Property Owners Association of Greater Baltimore named Elliott Dackman president and promoted Lois Kirby to executive director. The association also recently established
a Landlord-Tenant Grievance Commission to provide tenants with a low-cost forum to resolve problems with landlords. For information, call Lois Kirby at 727-1324.
* O'Conor, Piper & Flynn, a regional real estate broker, named Frank Baamonde and Ben McAllister associates in the Fallston office, Gerald P. Starr an agent in the Glen Burnie office and Gina Conge sales associate in the Bel Air/Abingdon office.
* Home Builders Association of Maryland announced the following meetings:
Anne Arundel meeting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday at Busch's Chesapeake Inn with guest speaker Robert Dvorak, director of inspections and permits; Apartment Builders & Owners Council meeting on Wednesday at the Ramada Hotel at 6 p.m. with guest speaker David S. Schless, executive director of American Senior Housing Association; Cecil County Chapter meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday at The Swiss Inn; Carroll County Chapter meeting Thursday, 6 p.m. at Wakefield Valley; Howard County Chapter meeting, Feb. 24, 6 p.m. at Savage Mill. $H Reservations: call Beth Holt at 265-7400.
Send notices for the Real Estate section's "In Brief" listing to:
Real Estate News
501 N. Calvert St.
Baltimore, Md. 21278
Notices should be typewritten, double-spaced, on an official business or organizational letterhead. Please include the full name of the organization, the contact person's full name and telephone number. Photographs of promoted or award-winning employees are welcome.