Ellicott City/elkridge

February 10, 1993

Fire officials trace Dorsey Hall blaze to improper disposal of ashes

A fire that caused $135,000 damage to a home and two cars in Dorsey Hall on Sunday was probably accidental and started by improper disposal of fireplace ashes, fire officials said.

No one was injured in the fire, which occurred shortly after 3 p.m. in the 9400 block of Sunlit Passage, fire officials said.

The fire apparently started in a garage, burning a 1991 Honda and a 1990 BMW, and then spread to second-floor bedrooms in the house, fire officials said.

A neighbor who spotted heavy smoke coming from the garage alerted resident Christa Pence, fire officials said.

About 40 firefighters responded and brought the fire under control by 4:21 p.m., fire officials said.

Mrs. Pence and her husband, Robert, planned to stay with neighbors.

POLICE LOG

* Ellicott City: 3800 block of Grosvenor Drive: Someone broke the passenger window of a 1982 Honda Civic between 10 p.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. Sunday.

8600 block of Baltimore National Pike: Someone tried to steal a 1993 Honda Accord between 6:30 a.m. and 6:45 a.m. Friday from O'Donnell Honda.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.