The county Department of Recreation and Parks is planning to form a youth recreation council that will sponsor activities and programs for Carroll youth.
An organizational meeting is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. tonight in Room 117 of Carroll Community College, the Washington Road campus in Westminster.
Anyone interested in youth programming is invited.
The youth recreation council will attract people and organizations that have worthwhile youth programming ideas but may not have the means to promote them.
The council's primary function will be to serve as the sponsoring body for organized activities and programs that benefit county youths.
Programs such as the Lock-In at Four Seasons for high school students and the proposed Project Graduation for graduating seniors will become programs under the youth recreation council.
Members will pursue additional programs and activities.
Each sponsored program will operate under the council's guidance and will receive liability coverage and administrative assistance from the county Department of Recreation and Parks.
Information: Donald Smith, recreation supervisor of Department of Recreation and Parks, 857-2103.
Agenda items include:
* Explanation of the recreation council concept, as defined by the county Department of Recreation and Parks.
* Description of the objectives of the youth recreation council.
* Description of existing programs to be included in the youth recreation council.
* Description of proposed programs.
* Election of youth recreation council administrators, including president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, board members and program leaders.
* Establishment of operational bylaws.