Eugene R. PriceOwned funeral homeEugene R. Price, 49, who...


January 16, 1993

Eugene R. Price

Owned funeral home

Eugene R. Price, 49, who was a mortician in Baltimore and Landover, died last Saturday at Prince George's Hospital Center in Cheverly after a brief illness.

He was born in Greenwich Township, N.J., and attended public schools in that state. In 1965, he graduated from the Eckels College of Mortuary Science in Philadelphia then served in the Army. He was honorably discharged in 1967.

Later, he earned a bachelor's degree in accounting from Cumberland County College in New Jersey.

He served an apprenticeship in a New Jersey funeral home and became a licensed mortician in that state in 1974. He then worked at a funeral home in Atlantic City from 1975 until 1984, when he came to Baltimore and served another apprenticeship and obtained a Maryland mortician's license. He then managed a funeral in Landover from 1984 until 1987.

Semi-retired from the funeral industry, he joined the staff of the Anatomy Department at Howard University in Washington.

In 1991, he opened the Eugene R. Price Funeral Home on West North Avenue.

Services were conducted Thursday.

He is survived by his wife of 25 years, Brenda J. Terrence-Price, and a daughter, Michelle Price-Lippincott, both of Sicklerville, N.J. Other survivors include his father, Charleston Pierce of Bridgeton, N.J.; his mother, Roberta Ross of Federalsburg; and six sisters, Joan Ross Champer of Easton, Patricia Ross of Suitland, and Viola Ross Warner, Janice Price, Valerie Ross and Sharon Price, all of Federalsburg.

Louis H. Cadorette

Managed theater

Louis H. Cadorette III, former manager of the Painters Mill Music Fair, died Monday of cancer at his home in Lutherville.

Mr. Cadorette, 61, had managed the Owings Mills theater in the 1970s. He had worked for the past two years as a van driver for Revisions Inc., a day program for people with mental illness.

After leaving Painters Mill, he had several security jobs, including 10 years at Villa Julie College, where he served as head of security.

The Northampton, Mass., native played drums for big bands before serving in the Navy and with the Marine Corps in the Korean War. Wounded by shrapnel from a mortar, he was awarded the Purple Heart. After his military service, Mr. Cadorette graduated from the University of Massachusetts and began working as manager of theaters and theatrical productions at nightclubs in New York City.

Services were conducted Thursday for Mr. Cadorette, who is survived by his wife, the former Patricia Bartolotta; five sons, Christopher and Nicholas Cadorette of Lutherville, Anthony Cadorette of Baltimore, Louis H. Cadorette IV of Northampton and Matthew Cadorette of New York City; a daughter, Victoria Guttierez of Albuquerque, N.M.; his mother, Karen Cadorette of Northampton; and four grandchildren.

Anthony Konstant

Taught 25 years at Poly

Anthony N. Konstant, who taught higher mathematics and computer programming at the Polytechnic Institute for 25 years, died Wednesday at St. Joseph Hospital of complications of diabetes and a broken hip.

He was 68 and lived on Ravenview Road in Timonium.

He retired from Poly in 1977. He also worked for many years at A.D. Konstant & Son, the Lexington Market confectionery and peanut business started by his grandfather in 1896.

Born in Baltimore, he was a graduate of Poly and of Western Maryland College. He did graduate work at Lehigh University.

He served in the Army in World War II and was awarded a Purple Heart after being wounded in the left leg by shrapnel after the landings at Anzio in Italy.

A member of the Order of AHEPA, he was also an organizer of St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church and a member of its first parish council.

He was fond of reading and liked to play bridge, pinochle and chess.

Services were to be conducted at 11 a.m. today at St. Demetrios Church, 2504 Cub Hill Road.

Mr. Konstant is survived by his wife, the former Mary Alexander; three daughters, Dori K. Drown of Ellicott City, Laura L. Shreck of Bel Air and Sandra K. Bush of Cockeysville; and six grandchildren.

Fred Ellsworth Ray

Laboratory official

Fred Ellsworth Ray, a retired laboratory official, died Monday at a hospital in Toronto after a heart attack while on a business trip.

Mr. Ray was 70 and had moved from Bel Air to Naples, Fla., about three years ago.

He retired in 1987 as director of business development for the Baltimore Biological Laboratories Division of Becton Dickinson Co. in Cockeysville. He then became a consultant to the firm and traveled extensively both in the United States and abroad because of his knowledge of international marketing.

A native of Wilmington, Del., Mr. Ray graduated from the University of Maryland in College Park in 1952.

He then began working as a bacteriologist at Fort Detrick in Frederick and, in 1959, began working on product research and development at the Bio Quest Division of Becton Dickinson in Rutherford, N.J. He joined the Cockeysville laboratory in 1966.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.