Man, 81, killed in electrical fire

January 02, 1993

An 81-year-old man was killed in an electrical fire yesterday at his Northeast Baltimore home, the Fire Department said.

Capt. Hector Torres said the man, whose name is being withheld until his relatives can be notified, apparently was trying to clear the house of smoke when he collapsed.

Firefighters found his body when they arrived at the house in the 4600 block of Luerssen Ave. shortly after 4 p.m.

The fire appears to have started in the kitchen at the electrical outlet for the stove, Captain Torres said.

Damage from the fire was estimated at $5,000 to the house and $2,000 to its contents.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.