25 Years Ago (week of Dec. 17-23, 1967):* It was announced...

FLASHBACKS

December 27, 1992

25 Years Ago (week of Dec. 17-23, 1967):

* It was announced that the old fire house at the corner of Main Street and Church Road in Ellicott City would become the Ellicott City branch of the Howard County Library. Library director Marvin Thomas had asked the Board of County Commissioners for $6,133.64 to furnish the new branch.

* Hittman Associates moved to its new 30,000-square-foot headquarters in Columbia's Oakland Ridge Industrial Center. 50 Years Ago (week of Dec. 20-26, 1942):

* The Ellicott City High School Home Economics Club contributed handmade calico stuffed animals to children's hospitals in Maryland. In addition, 50 Christmas stockings were filled and given to convalescent servicemen in Maryland hospitals. * James Clark of Howard County was appointed to the bench in the Fifth Judicial Circuit to fill a vacancy created when Chief Judge Ridgely P. Melvin was elevated to the Court of Appeals. At the time, Clark was serving as president of the Maryland State Bar Association.

Information for this column was compiled by Diane Mullaly from the files of the Howard County Historical Society's library.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.