* Wartsila Diesel Inc. in Annapolis named Thomas Michael Carbone vice president for manufacturing.
* Airflow Company in Frederick appointed Christopher M. Jarrett vice president of sales and marketing.
* Recreational Equipment Inc., a Seattle-based chain of retail stores selling outdoor supplies and clothing, promoted Doug Tracey to manager for the College Park store.
GRAFCO, an Atlanta and Baltimore-based container and metal can manufacturing company, appointed Daniel J. Leahy director materials. Mr. Leahy will be based in the Baltimore plant.
* Friends School of Baltimore named Cynthia Biddle Heller director of annual giving.
Legal and professional
* Levin & Gann, a regional law firm, named Earl F. Leitess
chairman of the financial services department.
* Gary R. Bozel & Associates, a Towson-based accounting firm, appointed Fredric R. Smith shareholder.
Farmers Bank in Hanover, Pa., named Robert G. Holmes Jr. president, CEO and chief lending officer.
* Holstein Investment Services Inc. in Lutherville named Karen A. Ritgert director of association marketing.
* Center for Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Care in Owings Mills named Dr. Louis F. McIntyre to the practice. Dr. McIntyre specializes in arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine.
* Mount Washington Pediatric Hospital in Baltimore named Gail Houston physician's assistant in the Continuing Care Program at the Ashburton Center.
* Baltimore County General Hospital in Randallstown appointed Kathleen Rust director of clinical nursing and Robert Wilson director of protection and communications.