Snow, rain wipe out races, meetings

December 11, 1992|By Ross Peddicord

Snow and heavy rain forced the cancellation of the card a Laurel Race Course yesterday and postponed a couple of meetings track management had planned with neighborhood and union groups to discuss coming changes in the racing schedule.

If the forecast calls for just rain, track general manager Jim Mango said it is likely Laurel will run today.

A meeting with Pimlico-area community organizations to discuss coming harness simulcasts at night at Pimlico Race Course has been rescheduled for Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.

Negotiations with representatives of Local 27 of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union to discuss contract amendments regarding multiple signal simulcasts and inter-track wagering will be set for next week.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.