Richard S. FinkeElectrical engineerRichard S. Finke, an...


December 06, 1992

Richard S. Finke

Electrical engineer

Richard S. Finke, an electrical engineer who retired as the owner of his own electronic equipment manufacturing company in Baltimore, died Nov. 28 after a heart attack at his home in Oxford.

A memorial service for Mr. Finke, 69, was conducted yesterday at his home.

He retired about 10 years ago after selling the Micro-Tel Corp., which he started in 1962. He moved from Towson to Oxford in 1989.

He moved to the Baltimore area in the early 1950s and worked for the Martin Marietta Corp. and the Bendix Communication Division before he started his own company.

A native of New York City, he was educated at schools in the

Forest Hills area. He earned an electrical engineering degree at New York University in 1943.

He was an officer in the Army Signal Corps in Europe during World War II. After the war, he worked for a time for the RCA Corp. and then for the CIA.

He is survived by his wife, the former Gelema Oney; a daughter, Stefanie A. Patison of Houston; a sister, Maxine Marcus of New York City and Delray Beach, Fla.; and a granddaughter.

The family suggested memorial contributions to the American Parkinson's Disease Association, 60 Bay St., Staten Island, N.Y. 10301.

George L. Carey III

Member of area clubs

A memorial service for George Leiper Carey III, who lived in Delray Beach, Fla., for about five years, was conducted yesterday at the First and Franklin Street Presbyterian Church, Park Avenue and Madison Street, Baltimore.

The 65-year-old Baltimore native died Sept. 19 of cancer at a hospice in West Palm Beach, Fla.

He had been a yacht broker in Florida; as a young man, he also was a real estate developer there. A graduate of St. Paul's School, he attended the Johns Hopkins University and the University of Baltimore Law School.

During World War II, he served in the Army Air Forces as a navigator on bombers in Europe. He was a member of the Elkridge Club and the Maryland Club, and a subscriber of the Bachelors Cotillon.

Survivors include a son, G. L. Carey IV of Towson; a daughter, Elizabeth Yancy Brooks Carey Sacks of Laurel; a stepdaughter, Margaret Braid of Freeland; and a sister, Catherine Carey Carroll of Isle of Palms, S.C.

George C. Fotiadis

Owned news agency

George C. Fotiadis, retired owner of the Perryville News Agency, died Wednesday at Harford Memorial Hospital in Havre de Grace after a heart attack.

Services for the 71-year-old Perryville resident were conducted yesterday.

A native of Rowlandsville in Cecil County, he was a 1938 graduate of Perryville High School and served in the Army during World War II.

He was a civilian employee at Aberdeen Proving Ground until 1957, when he began operating the newsstand and newspaper home delivery business he owned until he retired in 1978.

He was a member of the Susquehanna Post of the American Legion.

He is survived by his wife, the former Ruth Ann Gillespie; a son, David G. Fotiadis of Bel Air; three daughters, Mary E. Buck of Peoria, Ill., Connie F. Carnevale of Eatontown, N.J., and Jeanne M. Fotiadis of Perryville; two brothers, John G. and Nicholas G. Fotiadis, both of Perryville; and seven grandchildren.

Dr. Elie K. Fraiji

General surgeon

Dr. Elie K. Fraiji, a general surgeon in private practice in Baltimore since 1961, died Friday of cancer at his home in Catonsville.

A Mass of Christian burial for Dr. Fraiji, 62, was offered yesterday..

He maintained an office in the Seton Professional Center near St. Agnes Hospital, where he was secretary and treasurer. At the hospital, he also had been a member of the executive committee of the staff and coordinator of the surgical training program.

He chaired the surgical department at Bon Secours Hospital from 1976 until 1985. He was a member of the staff at the University of Maryland Medical Center.

A fellow of the American College of Surgeons, he was also a member of the Baltimore City Medical Society, the Medical and Chirurgical Faculty of Maryland, the Baltimore Academy of Surgery and the Southeastern Surgical Congress.

He was born in Zahle, Lebanon, and received his early education there and in Beirut.

After graduating from the University of Science in Montpellier, France, he attended the medical school of the University of Tours and graduated in 1958 from the medical school of the University of Paris.

Then, he moved to Baltimore to a residency at St. Agnes and became the chief surgical resident there from 1959 until 1960.

He is survived by his wife, the former Mary Helen Mohler; a son, Elie K. Fraiji Jr. of Catonsville; a sister, Eva Malouf of Hyattsville; a brother, Antoine K. Freiji of Zahle; and many nieces and nephews.

Frank T. Jones

Lung Association officer

Frank T. Jones, retired executive director of the American Lung Association of Maryland, died Tuesday of cancer at a hospital in Fort Pierce, Fla.

Services for Mr. Jones, 79, were conducted yesterday.

He moved to Florida after his retirement in 1978 from the job in Baltimore he had held since 1955.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.