Pizza deliveryman robbed at Valley Brook apartment complex
A pizza deliveryman was robbed late Tuesday night outside a building in the Valley Brook apartment complex, county police reported.
Investigators said the deliveryman had delivered a pizza to an apartment in the 200 block of Southbridge Drive at 8:15 p.m.
As he was leaving the building, a man walked up to him and asked him for a ride.
The man then told the deliveryman that he did not want a ride, but money.
The deliveryman gave the robber money, and the suspect ran into the woods.
GBIA will discuss, vote on proposed budget
The Glen Burnie Improvement Association (GBIA) is to discuss and vote on the proposed 1993 budget at 8 p.m. next Tuesday at the association hall at 19 S. Crain Highway.
Copies of the proposal have gone out to the approximately 1,100 members with the December newsletter.
Members are asked to bring nonperishable food for local food banks to the meeting as well as grocery store register tapes for local schools to redeem for computers.
The GBIA has installed a special mailbox where children can drop letters to Santa in front of the association hall. If they include a return address, the youngsters will receive a reply to their letters.
* Glen Burnie: Someone broke into a home in the 500 block of Kent Road between last Tuesday and Sunday and stole appliances and other property valued at $2,243.
* Point Pleasant: Someone broke into a home in the 1000 block of Bell Avenue last Friday by kicking open a basement window. Police do not know what was taken.
* Glen Burnie: Burglars broke into the Anne Arundel County Farmer's Co-Op in the 100 block of Eighth Avenue Thursday. Police do not know what was taken.
* Glen Burnie: A resident of the 500 block of Marley Station Road reported to police that someone broke into her home Thursday by kicking open the front door. Police do not know what was taken.
* Glen Burnie Park: Someone broke into a home in the first block of Ridgely Road between last Thursday and Sunday and stole two pistols and stereo speakers.
* Hammarlee: Burglars stole money and jewelry Friday from a home in the 100 block of Hollywood Court.
The value of the property was not known.
* Rippling Estates: A Glen Burnie man reported to police that someone broke into his home in the 8000 block of Phirne Road Thursday and stole a tape recorder and two swords.