Agnes K. Levy Active in church

November 21, 1992

Agnes Katherine Levy, who was active in church and civic affairs, died Nov. 7 of cancer at Broadmead, the retirement community in Cockeysville where she had lived since 1979.

A memorial service for Mrs. Levy, who was 85, was to be conducted at 10:30 a.m. today at Sherwood Episcopal Church, York and Sherwood roads in Cockeysville.

She served on the vestry at the church after moving to Cockeysville. Earlier, she was a member of the Altar Guild at the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer.

A former president of the Cedarcroft Garden Club and a member for 50 years of the Woman's Club of Roland Park, she was long active in the Women's Civic League and chaired the 1961 Flower Mart.

She had been a member of the Johns Hopkins Club, the Maryland Historical Society, the Walters Art Gallery and the Baltimore Museum of Art.

The former Agnes Katharine Krieger was a native of Baltimore and a graduate of Friends School. She attended Goucher College and the Peabody Conservatory of Music, where she studied the violin and played in the Peabody Orchestra before her marriage in 1930.

Her husband, Karl M. Levy, who practiced law in Baltimore, died in 1986.

Mrs. Levy was active on committees at Broadmead and assisted residents who were ill.

She is survived by two sons, William M. Levy and Robert B. Levy, both of the Towson area, and five grandchildren.

The family suggested memorial contributions to the Residents Assistance Fund at Broadmead.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.