Taneytown * Union Bridge * New Windsor * Uniontown

NORTHWEST --

November 20, 1992

Sparks from torch ignite fire under house trailer

Burning leaves under a house trailer on Bark Hill Road kept firefighters from Union Bridge, New Windsor and Taneytown busy for 1 1/2 hours Wednesday afternoon.

The fire was started about 2:45 p.m. by sparks from a torch used by a welder working under the trailer in a crawl space.

The blaze spread through the leaves but was prevented from reaching the dwelling by the firefighters, officials said.

Firefighters, unable to get under the trailer for a thorough examination, jacked up the structure to finishing checking for lingering flames.

"The length of time spent at the scene of the fire was a precautionary measure to determine that none of the blaze had reached the dwelling and that all of the fire was extinguished," said Union Bridge Fire Chief Dave Nelson.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.