Public schools in the Pasadena area have invited parents to observe their children working and learning next week during American Education Week.
Each school has scheduled visitations to help ease congestion, and all have asked parents to leave younger children at home to avoid distractions. If you plan on visiting a high school or middle school, bring a copy of your child's class schedule.
Here are the schedules:
* Chesapeake High School: Parents can visit from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday. Stop by the office to register. Guides from the National Honor Society and Interact Club will help with directions.
* Chesapeake Bay Middle School: Open house by grade level. Visit sixth-grade classes on Monday, seventh grade on Tuesday, and eighth grade on Wednesday. Parents should park in the lower lot and stop by the B-side office to register.
* Bodkin Elementary: Parent visitation is scheduled from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., or 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* Fort Smallwood Elementary: Parents can visit grades one, three and five from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday. Open house for kindergarten and grades two and four is from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday.
* Jacobsville Elementary: Visit from 9 a.m to noon Monday, and 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* Lake Shore Elementary: Parents can visit from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday or 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* Pasadena Elementary: Visit from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
* Northeast High School: Open house from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday. The PTSA will offer a hospitality table.
* George Fox Middle School: Parents may visit on Wednesday by grade level. Sixth-grade classes are open from 10:49 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; seventh- and eighth-grade classes from 7:52 a.m. to 10:20 a.m.
* High Point Elementary: Visit from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday. Parents should limit classroom visits to 30 minutes because of the large number of visitors expected.
* Riveria Beach Elementary: Parents may visit from 1:15 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, and 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
* Sunset Elementary: Parent visitation is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. Afternoon kindergarten classes are open from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* Solley Elementary: Visit from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tuesday, and from 12:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. Wednesday.
The Jacobsville Elementary PTA will present a Christmas crafts bazaar from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. tomorrow at the school, 3801 Mountain Road.
More than 35 crafts artists will offer a wide selection of gifts and home decorations, including woodcrafts, floral arrangements, wreaths, paper-twist crafts, Southwest wood designs, oil paintings, watercolors and picture mugs.
Santa's Workshop, open to all ages, will feature inexpensive gifts ranging in price from 25 cents to $5.50. Gift wrapping will be available.
Little visitors may talk with Santa from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Photos are available. Snapshots are $3, and photo buttons are $4.
A raffle, featuring more than 17 prizes donated by local merchants, also will be featured. Tickets are $1. Prizes include certificates for video rentals, a turkey, bowling, pizza, flowers, dry cleaning, beauty services, auto maintenance and party supplies.
Food and refreshments will be available. A few spaces for crafts artists are still available. For more details, call 222-6460.
Pasadena United Methodist Church, 61 Ritchie Highway, will hold its annual country bazaar from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow.
Shoppers will find handmade ornaments, plants, baked goods, holiday decorations and nearly new merchandise. The country store area will feature homemade country sausage, country bacon, jellies, spiced tea, potpourri and cheese.
Santa will be available to visit with youngsters and take pictures from 10 a.m. to noon. Please bring your own camera.
St. Nicholas Nook, for children only, will offer a variety of inexpensive gifts for families and friends.
New and used cookbooks, food and refreshments also will be featured.
For information, call 647-3090.
Our Lady of the Chesapeake Catholic Church, 8325 Ventnor Road, is sponsoring its annual holiday crafts and bake sale after all Masses this weekend. Services are at 5 p.m. tomorrow, and 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday.
Delicious homemade sweets, handmade crafts and home decorations will be featured.
Proceeds will benefit the CCD program and the general fund.
For information, call 255-2803.
The Ladies Guild of Magothy-Chelsea Community Lutheran Church is sponsoring a dinner from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. tomorrow at the church, off Magothy Beach Road on Third and Beach streets.
The menu will feature sour beef and potato dumplings or stuffed chicken breast, cole slaw, green beans, drinks and dessert.
Dinner prices for adults are $6.50 for sour beef and $5 for chicken; for children, age 5 to 12, $2.75. Youngsters under 5 eat for free. Carryouts will be available.
A bake table featuring homemade goodies also will be available.
For information, call 647-6210.