Two teens charged in break-ins Police seek third suspect CENTRAL -- Union Mills * Westminster * Sandymount * Finksburg

November 11, 1992|By Bill Talbott | Bill Talbott,Staff Writer

Two Westminster-area teens were charged early yesterday with breaking into a house in the same block where they live on Pinch Valley Road.

While investigating the break-in, police arrested another man from the same neighborhood after he was seen breaking the windows of his own house.

Adam Wilson Bankert, 18, and Bruce Wayne Crone, 19, both of the 1600 block of Pinch Valley Road, were charged with several counts of breaking and entering.

After the break-in, a large quantity of stolen candy and a stolen tool box were found in the pick-up truck they were using.

Each was held on $5,000 bail by a court commissioner.

Shortly after 3 a.m. Tuesday, state police responded to a report of a burglary in progress.

The first trooper on the scene saw three men in the house who fled through a rear door as he approached.

One suspect was captured after a brief foot chase and a second man was apprehended a short time later.

The candy in the truck had been stolen in a breaking and entering at Union Mills General Store in the 3500 block of Littlestown Pike.

The toolbox was taken from an automobile in Littlestown, Pa., police said.

Both teen-agers were charged with three counts of breaking and entering and eight misdemeanor counts, ranging from malicious destruction of property to theft.

The third man had not been apprehended yesterday after a police helicopter search.

While police were searching for the third suspect, officers observed Terrance Eugene Malone, 32, also of the 1600 block of Pinch Valley Road, breaking the windows of his own house.

When police questioned the man, he allegedly struck Tfc. George A. Prager on the left shoulder.

The pair struggled briefly, and Mr. Malone was arrested with the help of other officers.

Trooper Prager sustained minor injuries to his right hand and his elbow.

Mr. Malone received minor abrasions to his back.

Both were treated at Carroll County General Hospital and released.

Mr. Malone was charged with assault and battery and held on $1,000 bail.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.