* National Information Technology Center in Rockville named Sam W. Russ vice president of technology and Gordon Davidson program director of technology transfer and brokerage.
* Delsey Luggage Inc., the Jessup-based subsidiary of Delsey S.A., a manufacturer of luggage and business cases based in Paris, appointed Eric Gusman president and Harry M. Fry vice president of sales and marketing.
* Nevamar Division of International Paper in Odenton named Jan Adkins public information contact.
* BioWhittaker Inc., a Walkersville-based provider of services to health-care and biotechnology markets, named Susan Walden director of communications.
* Johns Hopkins University appointed Theodore O. Poehler associate dean for research for the Whiting School of Engineering.
LEGAL AND PROFESSIONAL
* Glass, Jacobson & Associates, an Owings Mills-based accounting and management consulting firm, appointed Barbara Grooman medical consultant in the Health Care Services Group.
* Stegman & Co., a regional accounting and management
consulting firm, promoted Jennine Anderson to manager.
* Katz, Abosch, Windesheim, Gershman & Freedman, a Baltimore-based accounting and management/consulting firm, appointed Clem Mueller head of the not-for-profit department.
* New Beginnings at Meadows Annapolis Outpatient Center, a chemical dependency treatment program in Annapolis, appointed Art Harris program director and John Barris clinical director.
* Francis Scott Key Medical Center in Baltimore named Dace Susan Svikis director of the Center for Addiction and Pregnancy.
* North Arundel Hospital Professional Center in Glen Burnie named Dr. Morris Marc Shochet infectious disease coordinator and Susan Ann Lazo cardiac therapist for the Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program.
* Signet Bank in Baltimore promoted Vernon J. Marrow to cash management officer, branch commercial department.
* Taneytown Bank & Trust Co. appointed Christopher David Holt ZTC assistant vice president in the real estate department.
* CIT Group/Industrial Financing, a provider of alternative financing packages in Baltimore, appointed John R. Kominski district manager
* The Berkshire Corp., a Hunt Valley-based real estate development and management firm, appointed Dolores B. Casson vice president of the investment management division and promoted Michael S. Saxon to vice president of the Berkshire Property Management division.
ADVERTISING & PR
* Adams Sandler Inc., a marketing communications firm in Baltimore and Rockville, named Andrea Kehoe staff writer in the Editorial Services division.
* The Gerard Co., a Baltimore advertising agency, promoted Darren M. Easton to art director.
ON THE BOARD
* EMCO, a Pittsburgh-based food service buying group, named Joseph I. Abramson to its board of directors. Mr. Abramson is president of Continental Foods Inc. in Baltimore.
Johnston & Murphy, a Nashville, Tenn.-based manufacturer and marketer of men's footwear products and accessories, named Leon Weitzman director of store operations for Johnston & Murphy Factory Stores.
* National Data Corp., an Atlanta, Ga.-based provider of application systems an information services, promoted Thomas M. Dunn to group vice president and credit and customer services for the merchant processing unit, CNET Card Acceptance Services in Baltimore.
* E-B-L Engineers Inc. in Timonium promoted Edward A. Hubner, Jeffrey P. McBride and Michael L. Brown to associate engineer.
* Essex Community College appointed Dr. Patricia Bloom dean of students.