1992 Governor's Cup wine winners named
WESTMINSTER -- The awards for the second annual Maryland Governor's Cup for Maryland Wines were presented at the Maryland Wine Festival yesterday.
G; The Governor's Cup for the Best Maryland Wine: Catoctin
Vineyards, 1986 Cabernet Sauvignon. Other awards:
* Blush: Bronze medal to Catoctin Vineyards, Eye of the Oriole; Boordy Vineyards, 1991 Cabernet Blanc.
* Fruit: Bronze medal to Berrywine, non-vintage Wild Blueberry. Silver to Berrywine, non-vintage Raspberry.
I= * Red Hybrid: Bronze medal to Ziem Vineyards, 1990 Landot
Noir. Silver medals to Ziem Vineyards, 1990 Chancellor, and Woodhall Vineyards, 1991 Chambourcin.
* Red Hybrid Blend: Silver medals to Basignani Vineyards, 1990 Marisa; Boordy Vineyards,1991 Maryland Red Wine;Fiore Winery,non-vintage Rosato.
L * Red Vinifera: Bronze medal to Basignani Vineyards,1989 Cab
ernet Sauvignon; gold medals to Catoctin Vineyards, 1986 Cabernet Sauvignon, and Boordy Vineyards, 1989 Cabernet *T Sauvignon.
* White Hybrid: Bronze medals to Fiore Winery, non-vintage Ravat; Elk Run Vineyards, 1991 Seyval Blanc; Boordy Vineyards, 1991 Vidal Blanc. Silver medal to Basignani Vineyards,1991 Vidal. Gold medals to Boordy Vineyards, 1991 Seyval Blanc and 1990 SurLie Reserve.
* White Hybrid Blend: Bronze medals to Basignani Vineyards, 1990 Elena; Loew Vineyards,1990 Harvest Gold.Gold medal to Catoctin Vineyards,1990 Eye of the Beholder.
* White Vinifera: Silver medals to Catoctin Vineyards, 1989 Chardonnay Oak Fermented and 1990 Chardonnay; Basignani Vineyards, 1990 Chardonnay.