Defense attorney fails to block task force

DOCKET

September 20, 1992

WESTMINSTER -- The Carroll County Narcotics Task Force can continue to avoid working with clients of defense attorney Stephen P. Bourexis, a judge ruled last week.

In hearing preliminary motions in the Main Street attorney's $10.5 million lawsuit against the task force, Circuit Judge Raymond E. Beck Sr. denied Mr. Bourexis' request to prevent task force officers from excluding his clients from plea deals or other consideration.

Also Friday, Judge Beck reserved judgment on the task force's motions for dismissal of the suit.

The judge said that he would issue a written ruling within sev

eral weeks.

Mr. Bourexis says that he and his clients are blackballed by the county's drug task force and that that is why he filed the 14-count suit in May seeking the damages.

The suit came about a month after testimony at a bail hearing for a client of Mr. Bourexis revealed that the task force has "an informal policy" of not dealing with any person represented by the lawyer.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.