A former Severna Park family filed suit yesterday against a neighborhood service station, claiming the station polluted their well water, making them so sick they needed hospital treatment.
Gregory Braun Sr., Lillian Braun and their four children allege in a suit filed in county Circuit Court that while living at 38 Robinson Landing Road from 1977 to 1991 they drank and bathed in well water tainted by the Severna Park Shell station in the 500 block of Ritchie Highway.
The suit alleges the station's management negligently repaired and maintained its underground gasoline pipes, so that gas and gas fumes seeped into the drinking water of the Braun home.
The station's manager was unavailable yesterday, and the Brauns, who now live in Chester, Queen Anne's County, could not be reached for comment.
Their attorney, John R. Foran, did not return phone calls.
According to the 11-page suit, Gregory Braun Sr. lost time from work and was forced to seek hospital treatment, for "severe permanent injury to his body, which has caused and will continue to cause him great pain and mental anguish."
The same claims were filed on behalf of Lillian Braun, who also was forced to lose time from work, according to the suit.
The suit alleges that the Braun children -- Stacey, Crystal, Gregory Jr., and Adrienne -- lost earning capacity and were forced to seek hospital treatment for injuries suffered from drinking and bathing in the tainted water.
The suit is divided into six counts of negligence, one for each plaintiff, and it seeks $1 million damages for each.