Baltimore man arrested in drug case
Melvin Mays, 28, of Baltimore was charged with smuggling cocaine, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, possession cocaine and possession of marijuana after state police said they found 127 grams of suspected cocaine and about 24 grams of suspected marijuana in the car he was driving on Interstate 95 in Harford County.
Police said they stopped the car for speeding and found the suspected drugs behind the glove box.
Havre de Grace teen-ager charged
A 15-year-old Havre de Grace youth was charged with possession of a deadly weapon, driving without a license and failure to stop at a red light.
According to police, the youth was caught driving a stolen car at U.S. Route 40 and Route 755.
OC He was released into the custody of juvenile service officials.
Robbery suspect held in Harford
Robert Darnell Roberts, a k a Abdul Raheem Ibn-Talal, was arrested early this week in Bel Air and charged with robbery.
According to police, Mr. Roberts was apprehended on Baltimore Pike after an ABBA cab driver flagged down and advised a Bel Air police officer that he had a fare from Edgewood who acted suspicious.
Further investigation revealed that Mr. Roberts is wanted for armed robbery by Cecil County authorities. He is being held in theHarford County Detention Center in lieu of $50,000 bond.
County sheriff looks into suicide attempt
The Harford County Sheriff's Office is investigating an attempted suicide, by hanging, by inmate Aubrey Gerald Pritt at the Harford County Detention Center.
According to police, Mr. Pritt was treated at Fallston General Hospital and returned to the Detention Center where he is being held on malicious destruction, theft and two arson charges.
* 3500 block Churchville Road: Theft of speaker valued at $344 from avehicle.
* 1600 Perryman Road: Theft from residence of TV, VCR and cables valued at $305.
* 500 block Wheel Road: Malicious destruction of backhoe, outside lights and basement door valued at $800.
* 1500 block Cedarwood Drive: Damage to vehicle wiring and carpet and theft of speakers valued at $580.
* Commuter Lot -- Route 24: Damage to car stereo and theft of cassette tapes and currency valued at $610.
* 500 block Riviera Drive: Theft of stereo, TV, camera, fire extinguisher, and cassette tapes valued at $1,670.