Martin A. DinisioLiquor board inspectorMartin A. Dinisio...


August 28, 1992

Martin A. Dinisio

Liquor board inspector

Martin A. Dinisio, a contractor and chief inspector for the Baltimore liquor board, died Monday at St. Joseph Hospital as the result of a stroke last Thursday after heart surgery.

A Mass of Christian burial for Mr. Dinisio, who was 71 and lived on Greenhill Avenue in Hamilton, will be offered at 9 a.m. today at St. Anthony of Padua Roman Catholic Church, 4414 Frankford Ave.

Mr. Dinisio became a part-time investigator for the liquor board in 1971 and a full-time inspector in 1979.

He spent two years as assistant chief inspector before being appointed chief inspector in 1987.

Aaron L. Stansbury, executive secretary of the liquor board, described him as "a very conscientious worker," well-known and liked throughout the state as a member of the Maryland State Association of Alcohol Beverage License Administrators.

Mr. Dinisio was active in Northeast Baltimore Democratic politics and worked closely with state Sen. John A. Pica Jr. of Baltimore.

For 40 years, Mr. Dinisio owned a construction business that built homes and small commercial buildings. After he began working full time at the liquor board, he operated the business part time.

He had worked earlier as a joiner at the Coast Guard yard and, during World War II, served in the Navy.

Born in Baltimore, Mr. Dinisio continued to pursue his education as an adult, most recently in courses on computers and earlier in engineering courses at the Johns Hopkins University.

A former commander of the Rosedale Post of the American Legion, he had also been a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

He is survived by his wife, the former Dorothy Marie Hopp; two daughters, Mary Jean Marzano and Lisa Stallings, both of Baltimore; two sons, Martin J. Dinisio and Anthony Dinisio, both of Baltimore; two brothers, Albert Dinisio of Baltimore and Thomas Dinisio of Rosedale; and eight grandchildren.

Irma Elaine Swift Widgeon, who became active in volunteer work after caring for children at home and retiring as a teacher's aide, died of cancer Monday at Maryland General Hospital.

Services for Mrs. Widgeon, who was 75 and lived in the Bolton North Apartments, will be held at 11 a.m. today at the New Shiloh Baptist Church, 2100 N. Monroe St.

The former Irma Elaine Swift was a native of Baltimore and a graduate of Douglass High School.

She lived in the 900 block of Harlem Ave. for many years and was known as "Aunt Irma" while providing day care for children at her home from 1957 to 1963.

She then worked as an aide in city elementary schools, retiring about 10 years ago.

At New Shiloh Baptist Church,she was a volunteer in the food co-operative and attended the Saturday church school.

She began her volunteer work in the 1960s at the former Crownsville State Hospital.

She later volunteered with the A.M.E. Christian School, the Union Baptist Head Start program, the Commission on Aging and Retirement Education, the Health and Welfare Council of Maryland and the Liberty Medical Center.

Mrs. Widgeon received many citations and other awards for her work with the various organizations.

She is survived by a son, Edward Baron Widgeon Sr. of Catonsville; a daughter, Pam Yvette Widgeon of Baltimore; a brother, William Swift of Baltimore; and a grandson.

N. Briggs-Eierman

Hopkins nurse

Nancy Lynn Briggs-Eierman, a retired Johns Hopkins Hospital nurse, died there Monday of complications to multiple sclerosis.

Services for Mrs. Briggs-Eierman, who was 49 and lived on West Lorraine Avenue in Remington, will be conducted at 11 a.m. today at the Barranco & Sons Funeral Home, Ritchie Highway and Robinson Road, Severna Park.

Mrs. Briggs-Eierman retired because of her illness after nursing AIDS patients at Hopkins.

She had earned an associate's degree in nursing in 1988 at the Baltimore City Community College, where she earned an A in each of her courses.

The former Nancy Lynn Briggs was a native of Baltimore and a graduate of Towson High School.

She is survived by her husband, Edward J. Eierman; two sons, William H. Pullin of Ellicott City and Jeremy Pullin of Baltimore; a daughter, Lisa L. Pullin of Baltimore; her parents, William and Ruth Briggs of Pasadena; two sisters, Ruth Fandek of Philadelphia and Billie Sue Briggs of Wilkes Barre, Pa.; two brothers, Gary Briggs of Lynchburg, Tenn., and Craig Briggs of Pasadena; and four grandchildren.

Dorothy Hall Wolfe

Former lawyer

Dorothy Hall Wolfe, who practiced law with her father as a young woman, died of pneumonia Monday at the Broadmead retirement community in Cockeysville.

A memorial service for Mrs. Wolfe, who was 90 and lived at Broadmead, at 13801 York Road, for six years, will be held there Sept. 12 at 11 a.m.

The former Dorothy Hall was born in Baltimore and was a graduate of Girls' Latin School, Goucher College and the University of Maryland law school.

She practiced law briefly in the office of her father, the late William Purnell Hall Sr.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.