Glen Burnie man charged with rape
A Glen Burnie man faces a charge of rape after a 13-year-old girl told county police officers that she had sex with him.
Officers were called to a home in the 8000 block of Montague Court in Glen Burnie about 10 p.m. Wednesday to settle a dispute between neighbors there.
When they arrived, the 13-year-old told officers that she had sex with Frederick M. Bruffey, 19, of the 8000 block of Montague Court. Mr. Bruffey admitted to having sex with her and told officers it was consensual, police said.
Severna Park woman victimized by arsonist
A Severna Park woman reported to police that someone had set her newspaper box on fire Tuesday evening.
According to police, Danielle Marie Krolick, 20, of the 300 block of Hartman Drive, was arriving home at 8:35 p.m. when she found that her newspaper box at the end of her driveway was on fire.
After she put the fire out, she found a yellow tennis ball inside that box that had been filled with gasoline, the police report said.
Neighbors told police there was a similar arson at a home in the 300 block of Marba Road the night before. Ms, Krolick, whose home is on the street next to Marba Road, told officers that on Monday night, she saw several boys walking through the backyards.
When Ms. Krolick told them to walk on the street, they called her several derogatory names and left.
L The following break-ins have been reported to county police:
* 1500 block of Eton Way: Aug. 25, entry gained through door. Unknown property taken.
* 8200 block of Kramer Court: Aug. 25. Camera equipment and other
property taken. Total loss: $964.
* 200 block of Aquahart Road: Aug. 24, entry gained through window. Unknown property taken.
* 100 block of Blades Lane: Aug. 22, entry gained through door. Tools taken. Total loss: $800.
* 200 block of Maryland Avenue: Aug. 25, entry gained through door. Money taken. Total loss: $400.