BASEBALL National League
* CINCINNATI REDS -- Recalled Tony Menendez, pitcher, from Nashville of the American Association. Sent Scott Bradley, catcher, to Nashville.
* PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES -- Optioned Brad Brink, pitcher, to Scranton Wilkes-Barre of the International League. Purchased the contract of Mickey Weston, pitcher, from Scranton.
* ST. LOUIS CARDINALS -- Placed Pedro Guerrero, outfielder, on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 18. Activated Brian Jordan, outfielder, from the disabled list.
* SAN DIEGO PADRES -- Activated Greg Harris, pitcher, from the 15-day disabled list. Placed Harris on the 15-day disabled list. Waived Gary Pettis, outfielder, for the purpose of giving him his ,, unconditional release.
* SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS -- Waived Kelly Downs, pitcher, for the purpose of giving him his unconditional release. Optioned Royce Clayton, shortstop, to Phoenix of the Pacific Coast League. Recalled Mike Benjamin, shortstop, from Phoenix.
World Basketball League
* ERIE WAVE -- Signed and activated Jervis Cole, forward. Waived Roscoe Patterson, forward, for the purpose of giving him his unconditional release.
National Hockey League
* WASHINGTON CAPITALS -- Traded Dino Ciccarelli, right wing, to Detroit for Kevin Miller, center.