It's pool time!
The public swimming pools run by Baltimore's Department of Recreation and Parks open today for the summer. Several instructional programs, including lifeguard training and competitive swimming, are available. Swimming may be limited to certain age groups at some times to avoid overcrowding. For information, call 396-7069.
These area "walk-to pools" are open beginning today until Aug. 23. The price of admission is 50 cents per person or $3.50 for the season.
* Ambrose Kennedy,1000 Ensor St.
* C. C. Jackson,4910 Park Heights Ave.
* Central Rosemont,2621 Winchester St.
* City Springs,1500 E. Baltimore St.
* Coldstream,1400 Fillmore St.
* Farring-Baybrook,4501 Farring Court.
* Fort Holabird,6401 Beckley St.
* Greater Model,1055 W. Arlington Ave.
* Harford/Lanvale,1641 N. Spring St.
* Hollander Ridge,2000 Odell Ave.
* Liberty,3901 Maine Ave.
* O'Donnell Heights,1200 Gusryan St.
* Roosevelt Park,3500 Poole St.
* Towanda,4100 Towanda Ave.
* Walter P. Carter,820 E. 43rd St.
* William McAbee,1323 N. Gilmore St.
Hours of operation: Monday through Saturday -- noon to 6 p.m. Sundays -- 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
These "park pools" will be open until Aug. 30, except for Patterson and Druid Hill,which will remain open until Sept. 6. The price of admission is 60 cents per person or $10 for the season.
* Cherry Hill,101 Reedbird Ave.
* Clifton Park,2013 Sinclair Lane
* Druid Hill,800 Wyman Park Drive
* Patterson,148 S. Linwood Ave.
* Riverside,1800 Covington St.
Hours of operation: Monday through Saturday -- noon to 8 p.m. Sundays -- 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.