Mount Washington store fire damage placed at $40,000

June 12, 1992

A one-alarm fire Wednesday night caused property damage estimated at $40,000 to the Mount Washington Food Market in the 1600 block of Kelly Ave.

Capt. Calvin Johnson, city Fire Department spokesman, said the fire started in an electrical outlet behind an ice cream cooler on the first floor of the two-story brick building.

The fire was confined to the first floor.

No one was injured in the fire, which was reported at 10:22 p.m.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.