BASEBALL American League
* CLEVELAND INDIANS -- Optioned Dave Rohde, infielder, to Colorado Springs of the Pacific Coast League. Recalled Denis Boucher, pitcher, from Colorado Springs.
* MILWAUKEE BREWERS -- Traded Edwin Nunez, pitcher, to the Texas Rangers for a player to be named later. Activated Darryl Hamilton, outfielder, from the 15-day disabled list. Optioned William Suero, infielder, to Denver of the American Association.
* NEW YORK YANKEES -- Placed Jesse Barfield, outfielder, on the 15-disabled list, retroactive to May 24. Recalled Jeff Johnson, pitcher, from Columbus of the International League.
* TEXAS RANGERS -- Designated Bill Haselman, catcher, for assignment.
* HOUSTON ASTROS -- Optioned Luis Gonzalez, outfielder, to Tucson of the Pacific Coast League. Activated Rob Murphy, pitcher, from the 15-day disabled list.
* LOS ANGELES DODGERS -- Placed Eric Davis, outfielder, on the 15-day disabled list. Recalled Tom Goodwin, outfielder, from Albuquerque of the Pacific Coast League.
* NEW YORK METS -- Optioned Rodney McCray, outfielder, and Eric Hillman, pitcher, to Tidewater of the International League. Recalled Pete Schourek and Mark Dewey, pitchers, from Tidewater.
* PITTSBURGH PIRATES -- Placed Gary Redus, first baseman-outfielder, on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 21. Purchased the contract of Dave Clark, outfielder, from Buffalo of the American Association.
* ST. LOUIS CARDINALS -- Placed Brian Jordan, outfielder, on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 23. Recalled Geronimo Pena, infielder, from Louisville of the American Association.
* SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS -- Placed Bill Swift, pitcher, on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 23. Recalled Joe Heredia, pitcher, from Phoenix of the Pacific Coast League.
FOOTBALL Arena Football League
* NEW ORLEANS NIGHT -- Signed Obie Johnson, lineman, and Jack Phillips, wide receiver-defensive back.
Canadian Football League
* OTTAWA ROUGH RIDERS -- Signed Paul Williams, defensive tackle; James Singletary, defensive end; and Shawn Purter, defensive back.
* TORONTO ARGONAUTS -- Signed Peda Samuel and Antonie Worthman, cornerbacks. World League
* BIRMINGHAM FIRE -- Waived Le Andre Anderson, defensive end.
* FRANKFURT GALAXY -- Waived Alex Espinoza, quarterback.
* OHIO GLORY -- Activated Curt Mull, guard. Waived Antoine Bennett, cornerback.
* ORLANDO THUNDER -- Signed George Chryst, linebacker.
* SAN ANTONIO RIDERS -- Waived Mike Nord, tackle.
* USA HOCKEY -- Named Tim Taylor, Yale hockey coach, coach of the 1994 U.S. Olympic Team.