* CLEVELAND INDIANS -- Activated Sandy Alomar, catcher, and Jim Thome, third baseman, from the disabled list. Sent Carlos Martinez, designated hitter-first baseman, to Colorado Springs of the Pacific Coast League for injury rehabilitation. Optioned Jesse Levis, catcher, and Craig Worthington, third baseman, to Colorado Springs. Sent Glenallen Hill, outfielder, to Canton-Akron of the Eastern League for injury rehabilitation.
* MILWAUKEE BREWERS -- Placed Andy Allanson, catcher, on the 15-day disabled list. Recalled Dave Nilsson, catcher, from Denver of the American Association.
* NEW YORK METS -- Recalled Eric Hillman, pitcher, from Tidewater of the International League. Sent Rodney McCray, outfielder, to Tidewater.
National Basketball Association
* DETROIT PISTONS -- Named chief executive officer Tom Wilson to the position of team president and director of basketball operations.
* LOS ANGELES LAKERS -- Named Randy Pfund coach.
United States Basketball League
* NEW HAVEN SKYHAWKS -- Signed Rod Sellers, center, and Phil Lott, guard. Activated Chris Watts, guard, from the taxi squad. Assigned Lott to the taxi squad.
* PHILADELPHIA SPIRIT -- Signed Marques Bragg, forward, and placed him on the taxi squad.
National Football League
* HOUSTON OILERS -- Signed Damon Mays and Jeff Smith, wide receivers.
* FRANKFURT GALAXY -- Activated Dirk Reesing, linebacker, and Gerald Hudson, running back.
* OHIO GLORY -- Activated Greg Frey, quarterback.
East Coast Hockey League
* JOHNSTOWN CHIEFS -- Fired Steve Carlson, coach.
International Hockey League
* PEORIA RIVERMEN -- Named Ted Cox public relations director.
Western Hockey League
* SEATTLE THUNDERBIRDS -- Announced the resignation of Peter Anholt, coach and general manager.
* ALABAMA -- Announced the resignation of Wimp Sanderson, men's basketball coach.
* DREW -- Named Amanda Dolan interim field hockey coach for the 1992 season.
* DUKE -- Named Gail Goestenkors women's basketball coach.
* RADFORD -- Named Lynn Bria women's assistant basketball coach.
* SOUTH FLORIDA -- Named Pam LaPan compliance officer.
* SOUTHERN CAL -- Named Mark Schubert men's swimming coach.