Fire forces 6 to flee house in S. Baltimore

May 14, 1992|By Richard Irwin | Richard Irwin,Staff Writer

A single-alarm fire last night in the 1500 block of Ramsay St. in South Baltimore forced a woman, four children and a neighbor to flee.

No injuries were reported.

The fire was believed caused by a malfunctioning lamp, police said.

Debby Pruitt, 34, said she and a neighbor were hanging pictures in her kitchen shortly before 2 a.m. when Mrs. Pruitt's son, Jason, 11, cried out from a third-floor front bedroom that there was a fire.

The mother of three said she and her children moved in Monday and have been unpacking boxes and setting up furniture.

Mrs. Pruitt and the neighbor, who asked not to be named, ran upstairs and escorted Jason and his brother Richard, 4, sister Tiffany, 9, and the neighbor's daughter down the stairs and to safety.

Battalion Chief Joseph Dillon said the fire caused extensive damage and extended to the roofs of two adjoining houses.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.