BASEBALL American League LEAGUE -- Suspended Neal Heaton, Kansas City pitcher, for five games, and Albert Belle, Cleveland outfielder, for three games and announced that both suspensions would be delayed pending appeals.
CLEVELAND INDIANS -- Sent Eric Bell, pitcher, to Colorado Springs of the Pacific Coast League. Called up Mike Christopher, pitcher, from Colorado Springs.
TEXAS RANGERS -- Purchased the contract of Mike Campbell, pitcher, from Oklahoma City of the American Association.
National League MONTREAL EXPOS -- Assigned Gilberto Reyes, catcher, outright to Indianapolis of the American Association. Announced that Reyes refused assignment and elected to become a free agent.
* NEW YORK METS -- Claimed Chico Walker, outfielder, on waivers from the Chicago Cubs. Sent Chris Donnels, infielder, to Tidewater of the International League.
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES -- Activated Dale Murphy, outfielder, from the 15-day disabled list. Optioned Darrin Chapin, pitcher, to Scranton-Wilkes Barre of the International League.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS -- Placed Tim Jones, infielder, on the 15-day disabled list. Recalled Luis Alicea, infielder, from Louisville of the American Association.
Southern League CHATTANOOGA LOOKOUTS -- Placed Tim Costo, first baseman, on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 5.
Continental Basketball Association E5
* CBA -- Approved the sale of the Yakima Sun Kings.
United States Basketball League B2
* NEW JERSEY JAMMERS -- Signed Dan Leahy, guard.
National Football League NFL -- Named Dennis Curran executive director and general counsel of the NFL Management Council.
Canadian Football League M=
* OTTAWA ROUGH RIDERS -- Signed Paul Skansi, wide receiver.
* BARCELONA DRAGONS -- Signed Mike Power, quarterback.
BIRMINGHAM FIRE -- Signed Antonio Gibson, safety.
Arena Football League * ARIZONA RATTLERS -- Signed Tony Battiest and Barry Waggoner, linemen.
* DALLAS TEXANS -- Signed James Kmet, lineman.
SAN ANTONIO FORCE -- Signed Lorne McCasin, lineman.
National Hockey League L
* ST. LOUIS BLUES -- Named Harold Snepsts assistant coach.
U.S. BOBSLED FEDERATION -- Named Raymond W. Pratt executive director; Matt Roy administrative technical assistant, and Karlan Devlin director of public relations.