50 Years Ago (week of May 3-9, 1942):
Brendel's Manor Park, on Frederick Road about four miles west of Ellicott City, opened for the summer season this week. Ten thousand people turned out for the first Sunday of the season. Happy Johnny and his Gang provided entertainment. Admission the park was 35 cents.
Mr. and Mrs. Cissel of Waterford Farm sponsored a meeting of the Daisy Grange at their home this week. At the meeting, which was preceded by a covered dish supper, the district's chief air raid warden, Edwin Hatfield, gave an informative talk about various types of bombs. New farming ideas and recipes were also exchanged by the meeting's attendees.