The rain might have been just what the Carroll County farmers wantedlast weekend, but it was the last thing Carroll County racers needed.
For the sixth time in seven weeks, many area tracks were rained out. Despite the wash there were some area winners:
* George Hoff of Westminster won the Heavy Class at Mason-Dixon Dragway in Washington County last Saturday in his Ford Fairlane, running a perfect 13.51 elapsed time on a 13.51 dial-in (predicted time), hitting 95.38 mph, to defeat runner-up Steve Carper.
Scott Lowman of Woodbine, advanced to the third round in the heavy class in his 1965 Chevelle. Bobby Spielman of Taneytown reached the second round in his 1978 Pinto and Joe Mayne of Mount Airy was third in the semifinals in his 1990 Dragster.
* Gary Stuhler won the late-model qualifying heats last Saturday at Hagerstown Speedway before rain postponed the feature race until later this season.
* Susquehanna Speedway, Newberrytown, Pa.: Sprint cars, super sportsman and thundercars; racing starts at 7 p.m. (717) 766-7215 during the week or (717) 938-9170 race day.
* Mason-Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown: Racer of the Month in all classes; gates open at 1 p.m.; timetrials at 2 p.m. and eliminations at 5:30 p.m. (301) 791-5193.
* 75-80 Dragway, Monrovia: Regular points races. thundercars; racing starts at 7 p.m. (301) 865-5102.
* Trail-Way Speedway, Hanover, Pa.: Micro sprints, four- and eight-cylinder stocks and enduro;racing starts at 8 p.m. (717) 359-4310.
* Williams Grove Speedway, Mechanicsburg, Pa.: Sprints and sportsmen; racing starts at 8 p.m. (717) 766-4778.
* Hagerstown Speedway, Hagerstown: Enduro joins late models, limited late models, modified semi-lates and pure stock daredevils in a six-feature program; gates open at 5 p.m. and racing starts at 7 p.m. (301) 582-0640.
* Lincoln Speedway, Hanover, Pa.: Sprints, semi-lates and thundercars; gates
open at 5:30p.m., racing starts at 7:30 p.m. (717) 624-2755.
* Trail-Way Speedway: Cycles, racing starts at 1 p.m.
* Susquehanna Speedway, Newberrytown, Pa.: Sprint cars, late models and thundercars; racing starts at 7 p.m. (717) 766-7215 during the week or (717) 938-9170 race day.
* Mason-Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown: NHRA Championship Drag Racing, with the Firestone -- TNN points race, plus extra bonus money paid to the overall event winner; time trials at noon, elimination's at 3 p.m. (301) 791-5193.
* 75-80 Dragway, Monrovia: Regular points races, thundercars; racing starts at 7 p.m. (301) 865-5102.