Here are some places to get help in planning your retirement:
* T. Rowe Price's "Retirees Financial Guide." Call (800) 541-0295 for a free copy. (There's also a computer software version, for $15. To order the software, call (800) 541-4041.)
* PSA Financial offers a free video on retirement planning. Call (800) 677-7887.
* "How to Invest," a free book published for people over 50 by the American Association of Retired Persons investment program. Call (800) 322-2282.
* "Your Pension," a booklet explaining pension plans and participant rights is available from the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. For a copy, write to PBGC, 2020 K Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20006.
* The Institute of Certified Financial Planners. For a free publication on choosing a planner, and a list of three in your area, call (800) 282-7526. The organization also publishes a financial planning guide that costs $2. For the guide, write: The Institute of Certified Financial Planners, 7600 E. Eastman Avenue, Suite 301, Denver, Colo. 80231-4397
* The National Association of Personal Financial Advisers, which represents fee-only planners. For a list of planners in your area, write 1130 Lake Cook Road, Suite 105, Buffalo Grove, Ill. 60089.
* The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' financial planning division. For a list of CPAs, write 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, N.Y. 10036-8775, or call (800) 966-7379.
* The International Association for Financial Planning.
For the names of five planners in your area, write to the association at Two Concourse Parkway, Suite 800, Atlanta, Ga. 30328.