It was a clean sweep for area drivers in the three classes of competition last Sunday at 75-80 Dragway in Monrovia, Frederick County.
Russell Barefoot of Mount Airy won the Class I competition in his Camaro, Rick Bouch of Union Bridge won the Class II competition and DougDewitt of Woodbine won the motorcycle competition.
Rick Waxter of Westminster repeated his performance and made it again to the semifinals in Class II. Scott Chasen of Taneytown and JimPeddicord of New Windsor both went through three rounds before beingeliminated in Class II.
Bruce Combs of Westminster, in the special MPGA 9.90, class made it to the quarterfinals.
At Lincoln Speedway in Hanover, Pa., Randy Zechman of Westminster finished 18th in thesemi-late competition April 11.
Kenny Mirfin of Union Bridge was sixth and Bobby Feeser of Millers 11th in the thundercar heat races at Lincoln, and Mirfin finished 11th overall.
* Susquehanna Speedway, Newberrytown, Pa.: Sprint cars, latemodels and thundercars; racing starts at 7 p.m.
* Mason-Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown: Easter Challenge plus Egg Hunt, Special Trophy Challenge; gates open at 1 p.m., time trials at 2 p.m. and eliminations at 5:30 p.m. (301) 791-5193.
* 75-80 Dragway, Monrovia: Regular points races. thundercars; racing starts at 7 p.m. (301) 865-5102.
* Trail-Way Speedway, Hanover, Pa.: Micro sprints, four- and eight-cylinder stocks and enduro; racing starts at 8 p.m. (717) 359-4310.
Williams Grove Speedway, Mechanicsburg, Pa.: Sprints and sportsmen; racing starts at 8 p.m. (717) 766-4778.
* Lincoln Speedway, Hanover, Pa.: The Enduro scheduled for April 25, has been postponed until May 16. Sprints, semi-lates and thundercars; gates open at 5:30 p.m.,racing starts at 7:30 p.m. (717) 624-2755.
* Trail-Way Speedway: Cycles, racing starts at 1 p.m.
* Hagerstown Speedway, Hagerstown: Short Track Auto Racing Stars (STARS) late model circuit in the Stanley Schetrompf Memorial 50-lap race; $5,000 to win; racing starts at 7:30 p.m. (301) 582-0640.
* Port Royal Speedway, Port Royal Pa: Saturday. Robin Johnson will appear with a four card Miller Genuine Draft/Sharpe program consisting of sprints, late Models, street stocks and thundercars; gates open at 4 p.m., racing starts at 6. (717) 527-2303.
* Susquehanna Speedway, Newberrytown, Pa.: Sprint cars, late models and thundercars; racing starts at 7p.m.
* 75-80 Dragway, Monrovia: Regular points races. Thundercars; racing starts at 7 p.m. (301) 865-5102.
* Mason-Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown: Racer of the Month in all classes; gates open at 1 p.m., time trials at 2 p.m. and eliminations at 5:30 p.m. (301) 791-5193.