* BALTIMORE ORIOLES -- Optioned Alan Mills and Jim Lewis, pitchers, to Rochester of the International League.
* CALIFORNIA ANGELS -- Sent Luis Sojo, infielder, to Edmonton of the Pacific Coast League. Sent Rene Gonazles, infielder, and Chris Beasley, pitcher, to their minor league camp for reassignment.
* CHICAGO WHITE SOX -- Placed Bo Jackson, designated hitter, on the 15-day disabled. Signed Terry Leach, pitcher. Sent Brian Drahman and Steve Wapnick, pitchers, to Vancouver of the Pacific Coast League.
* DETROIT TIGERS -- Optioned John Kiely, pitcher, to Toledo of the International League.
* OAKLAND ATHLETICS -- Placed Bob Welch and Joe Klink, pitchers; Walt Weiss and Randy Ready, infielders; Dave Henderson, outfielder, on the 15-day disabled list. Placed Kirk Dressendorfer, pitcher, on the 60-day disabled list. Sent Johnny Guzman, pitcher, to Huntsville of the Southern League. Recalled John Briscoe, pitcher, from Tacoma of the Pacific Coast League. Purchased the contract of Mike Kingery, outfielder, from Tacoma.
* TEXAS RANGERS -- Assigned Todd Burns, pitcher, to Oklahoma City of the American Association.
* TORONTO BLUE JAYS -- Announced that Shawn Hillegas, pitcher, refused a waiver claim and became a free agent. Optioned David Weathers, pitcher, to Syracuse of the International League. Purchased the contract of Alfredo Griffin, infielder, from Syracuse.
* ATLANTA BRAVES -- Sent Vinny Castilla, infielder, to Richmond of the International League.
* LOS ANGELES DODGERS -- Placed Jay Howell, pitcher, on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 4. Sent Kip Gross, pitcher, to Albuquerque of the Pacific Coast League.
* MONTREAL EXPOS -- Sent Sergio Valdez, pitcher, to minor league camp for reassignment. Sent Jonathan Hurst, pitcher, to Indianapolis of the American Association.
* NEW YORK METS -- Optioned Chris Donnels, infielder, to Tidewater of the International League.
hTC * PITTSBURGH PIRATES -- Optioned Rosario Rodriguez, pitcher, Buffalo of the American Association.
* SAN DIEGO PADRES -- Placed Larry Andersen, pitcher, on the 15-day disabled list. Optioned Phil Stephenson, first baseman, to Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League. Purchased the contracts of Pat Clements and Dave Eiland, pitchers; Kevin Ward, outfielder, from Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League.
* SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS -- Placed Kevin Bass, outfielder, on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to March 29. Recalled John Patterson, infielder, from Phoenix of the Pacific Coast League.
National Football League
* TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS -- Announced that Harry Hamilton, defensive end, will not be offered a contract.
* LONDON MONARCHS -- Released Greg Jones, quarterback.
* OHIO GLORY -- Activated Kerry Owens, linebacker.