* Carnegie T. Hunter, 62, of Columbia, retired/Metro Police Department in Washington:
I think we'll do all right. We're older this year; the players have been around a lot longer. I like the Ripkens. I'mlooking for a little more of (Glenn) Davis than we got last year.
* Susan Vaeth, 19, of Columbia, works at James Ferry Photography Studio in Oakland Mills:
I hope they do better, especially since they'll be playing in a new place. I know their record isn't too good.But there's a lot of support for them.
* Jim Goodacre, 32, of Alexandria, Va., cost accountant for ACC Systems in Columbia:
Hopefully better than last year. If they stay healthy this year, there is a chance. Last year, they kept on having those injuries, (for example,)Glenn Davis and Ben McDonald. Cal Ripken was the only person . . . who did anything last year. They will make it to second place.
* Melissa Sheldon, 19, of Columbia, freshman at University of Maryland atCollege Park:
I think they'll do fairly well. I think they'll do better than in the past because of the new stadium. They'll have moremorale; more people will come to see them.
* Tom Beaver, 38, of Laurel, maintenance supervisor for Columbia Management:
I think they'll do just fine. They're having a great spring training. They have a lot of talent. The pitching looks good. I think they've got a chance of making it to the top. . . . I think the new stadium will give them a little spark.