William StansburyBaltimore lawyerServices for William B...


March 18, 1992

William Stansbury

Baltimore lawyer

Services for William B. Stansbury, a Baltimore lawyer who headed a number of Methodist, Masonic and civic groups, will be held at 11 a.m. today at Grace United Methodist Church, 5407 N. Charles St.

Mr. Stansbury died Sunday of liver and kidney disorders at his home on Club Lane in Towson. He was 80.

He was former president of the board of the Baltimore Conference of the United Methodist Church and had been its chancellor and attorney for many years.

He had been president of the Arcadia Improvement Association the Ancient and Honorable Mechanical Company of Baltimore and the Greater Northeast Baltimore Association, which sponsored Fourth of July celebrations at Memorial Stadium.

Born in Northumberland, Pa., he was reared in Baltimore. He was a 1929 graduate of City College, a 1933 graduate of the Johns Hopkins University and a 1936 graduate of the University of Maryland law school. He was a member of the city and state bar associations.

During World War II, he served on the Hamilton Draft Board, then enlisted in the Army. He was in the Counterintelligence Corps.

Mr. Stansbury represented the board of Grace United Methodist Church in the Baltimore Annual Conference and represented that conference in the North East United States Jurisdictional Conference.

He had been on the boards of the Baltimore East District of his church, the Methodist Deaconess Home, the old Methodist Protestant Church, Taylor's Chapel Methodist Church and the Superannuated Fund Society.

He taught the Men's Bible Class at St. John's of Hamilton United Methodist Church for many years and helped raise funds for the restoration of Old Otterbein United Methodist Church near the Inner Harbor.

In the Masons, he had been grandmaster of the Grand Lodge of Maryland and its representative to the Grand Lodge of England. For many years, he was executive secretary-treasurer of the Conference of Grand Masters of Masons in North America.

Former master of the Doric Lodge of the Masons, he belonged to the Scottish Rite, the York Rite and Boumi Temple, of which he was a charter member. He was former president of the Hamilton Shrine Club.

XTC Mr. Stansbury is survived by his wife of 50 years, the formeMildred Estelle Snyder; a son, William Benton Stansbury III of Towson; and a granddaughter.

The family suggested memorial contributions to the Maryland Masonic Homes.

A memorial service for Jessie E. Price, retired secretary to the chief of orthopedic surgery at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, will be held at 11 a.m. today at the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer, 5603 N. Charles St.

Mrs. Price, who was 71, died Sunday of cancer at her home on Loch Hill Court in Towson.

She retired about two years ago.

The former Jessie E. Smith was a native of Baltimore and a 1937 graduate of Western High School, where she studied music before switching to a commercial course.

From 1938 to 1941, she worked in the registrar's office on the Homewood campus of the Johns Hopkins University. She taught piano for a time in the early 1950s.

Mrs. Price began working in the medical school's Department of Anatomy in 1958 and moved to her post with the chief of orthopedic surgery in 1967.

She is survived by three sons, James F. Price of Westminster, Richard B. Price of Woodstock and Arthur B. Price III of Baltimore; a daughter, Elizabeth A. Price of White Hall; two brothers, Clarence I. Smith of Baltimore and Marvin Smith of Sarasota, Fla.; and three grandchildren.

Mrs. V. R. LoGrande

Sang in church choir

A Mass of Christian burial for Vincenzina R. LoGrande, who sang in a church choir and in opera productions, will be offered at 9 a.m. tomorrow at the Roman Catholic Shrine of the Little Flower, Belair Road and Brendan Avenue.

Mrs. LoGrande, known as Jenny to her friends and associates, died Monday after a heart attack at her home on Pelham Avenue. She was 80.

In the 1950s, she was a sales clerk in what was then the Hecht May Co. store on Howard Street. Earlier, she had worked in a Borden's ice cream plant in East Baltimore.

She sang in the choir of Baltimore's St. Vincent de Paul Church in the 1950s. In the 1940s and 1950s, she sang in productions of the Baltimore Civic Opera, mostly in the chorus.

The former Vincenzina Buscemi was a native of Baltimore. Her husband, Dominic LoGrande, died in 1988.

She is survived by a sister, Laura H. Cottone of Baltimore; and many nieces, nephews and cousins.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.